Flood Infrastructure Fund (FIF) Category 1 - Flood Protection Planning Grants for Watersheds
This category of funding is part of the Flood Infrastructure Fund (FIF) and was designed to support studies that conduct planning of entire watersheds no smaller than HUC-10. The studies will be used to better inform the development of strategies using the following:
- Structural and nonstructural measures before a flood event, such as determining and describing problems from or related to flooding
- Identifying and planning solutions to flooding problems
- Estimating the benefits and costs of these solutions
Category 1 projects are eligible to receive a maximum of 100 percent grant funds based on criteria outlined in the Flood Intended Use Plan (FIUP). Recipients of financial assistance may either use their own funds or borrow FIF funds at 0% interest for any portion of the remaining project cost.
This page is set up to provide resources and information to current FIF Category 1 grant recipients.
As of February 2022, board commitment and grant execution of all 46 FIF Category 1 projects have been completed under the 2020 FIUP. Future availability of funding for this category are dependent of legislative actions, future appropriations, and TWDB allocation decisions.
FIF Category 1 Reference Materials
Additional documents will be posted as they become available. Dates listed on this webpage indicate the date the document was posted online, or if noted, the date the document was last updated.
- FIF Category 1 Deliverables Checklist - checklist that shall be utilized when submitting both the Preliminary and Final Deliverable. (02/08/2023)
- File Organization Guidance - provides guidance on File Organization requirements for FIF Cat 1 submittals. (11/17/2022)
- Project Folder Download - downloadable folder structure for FIF Cat 1 submittals. (10/20/2022)
- Subcontract Guidance - lists TWDB requirements for Subcontracts for Flood Protection Planning Grants.(4/26/2022)
- Flood Planning Geodatabase Templates - The TWDB generated template GIS geodatabases with multiple feature classes and tables for the RFPGs. Each planning group must fill the template geodatabase with relevant regional flood planning data. The template geodatabases are populated with feature classes and fields to match the specifications in Exhibit D Data Submittal Guidance Document. The geodatabase templates are being provided with the guidelines. (04/30/2021)*
- Exhibit C Technical Guidelines for Regional Flood Planning (also available in Exhibit C - Track Changes Version after Public Comments) - provides technical guidelines and submittal requirements for each scope item and additional technical guidance regarding population estimates, hydraulic and hydrologic modeling, benefit-cost ratio analysis, etc. (4/30/2021)*
- Exhibit C Tables - Excel worksheet that provides templates for all tables that are required to be included in the regional flood plan. This is being provided alongside this guidance document. (4/30/2021)*
Exhibit D: Data Submittal Guidelines for Regional Flood Planning - provides data submittal guidelines for regional flood planning. (07/02/2021)*
- Summary of updates. (04/12/2022)
- Flood Planning Data Update - FMX Questions and Fields (06/03/22)
- Author's Template - Word template document that provides formatting and styling information for the Draft and Final Report submittals. Refer to Exhibit D of the Grant Agreement for more Report formatting details. (12/1/2022) (last updated 6/15/2007)
- Benefit-Cost Analysis (BCA) Input Tool and Instructions - The TWDB funded and guided the development of a user-friendly benefit cost analysis (BCA) input interface in the form of a spreadsheet document that works in conjunction with the FEMA Benefit-Cost Analysis Toolkit. This is being provided alongside the guidelines.
- TWDB Reimbursement Guidelines and Checklist – Reimbursement Guidelines for Outlay payments. (4/6/2023)
* Only applicable to projects that are performing alternatives analysis