Flood Planning Useful Links and Resources
Texas Government Code
- Chapter 551 - Open Meetings
Flood Technical Advisory Group (FTAG)
The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) established a Flood Technical Advisory Group (FTAG) to provide technical advice related to the TWDB’s new statewide flood science and planning efforts in early 2020. The purpose of the group is to provide TWDB with outside technical expertise as a resource generally related to regional flood planning, data collection, mapping, and modeling, and other flood-related topics as needed.
FTAG members are selected by the TWDB and are asked to serve as unpaid technical resources for a period of approximately one year that may be extended. The following individuals are currently serving as FTAG members:
- Duke Altman, Doucet & Associates
- Curtis Beitel, HDR
- Michael Bloom, R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc.
- Cindy Engelhardt, Halff Associates
- Steve Graham, San Antonio River Authority
- Ataul Hannan, Harris County Flood Control District
- Krista Melnar, Freese & Nichols
- David Walker, Lower Colorado River Authority
For more information regarding FTAG, please see the FTAG Working Operational Guidelines. Please contact Reem Zoun at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or Saul Nuccitelli at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.