Interregional Planning Council
The Interregional Planning Council (Council) was appointed by the TWDB Board on January 16, 2020.
The purposes of the Council are to 1) improve coordination among the RWPGs, and between the RWPGs and the TWDB in meeting goals of the state water planning process; 2) facilitate dialogue regarding regional water management strategies; and 3) share operational best practices of the regional water planning process.
Information on Council committee meetings and work products may be found by clicking here.
September 15, 2020, 1:30 pm
- Agenda to be posted by September 7th.
August 12, 2020
July 29, 2020
Video recording of the 7/29/2020 meeting.
June 29, 2020
Video recording of the 6/29/2020 meeting.
June 22, 2020
Video recording of the 6/22/2020 meeting.
June 10, 2020
Video recording of the 6/10/2020 meeting.
May 28, 2020
Video recording of the 5/28/2020 meeting.
April 29, 2020
Video recording of the 4/29/2020 meeting.
Council Working Documents
Committee/Working Group Reports
- 081220 Planning Water Resources for the State as a Whole Committee Report
- 081220 Enhancing Interregional Coordination Committee Report
- 081220 General Best Practices for Future Planning Committee Report
- 072920 General Best Practices For Future Planning Committee Report
- 072920 Interregional Conflict Working Group Report
- House Bill 807
- Board Appointment
- Representative Lyle Larson Letter to Council Members (April 2020)
- Regional Water Planning Rules and Statutes
- Policy Recommendations in the 2021 Initially Prepared Plans
Enhancing Interregional Coordination
- Recommended strategies in the 2021 Initially Prepared Plans (IPPs) serving multiple regions
- Interactive map of draft WUG needs and surpluses for development of the 2021 IPPs
- 2021 Regional Water Plan Technical Memorandums
- Liaison practices from RWPG Best Management Practices Guide Section 3.1
- Liaison membership requirement in 31 TAC 357.11(e)(3)
Dealing with Interregional Conflict
- Regional Water Planning in Texas: Interregional Conflicts
- Region C and Region D 2011 Plan Interregional Conflict
- Region C and Region D 2016 Plan Interregional Conflict
Planning Water Resources for the State as a Whole
- Past State Water Plans
- Trans-Texas Water Program Reports
- Total Estimated Recoverable Storage
- Other regional water planning related research
- 5-28-20 Steve Walthour email on interstate development of water resources
- Interbasin Transfers Excluding the Rio Grande Basin
- 2002 State Water Plan Chapter 5 excerpt on interbasin transfers
- RFI Responses on Interregional Water Supply Projects
- Regional Water Planning: Water Availability and Existing Water Supply
General Best Practices for Future Planning
- Best Management Practices Guide for Regional Water Planning Group Political Subdivisions
- RWPG New Member Overview and New RWPG Member Welcome Letter
- Uniform Standards Stakeholder Committee latest work product - 2018
- Current rules and planning guidance excerpts related to WMS evaluation and requirements for information to be included in the regional water plans:31 TAC § 357.34 and Exhibit C, Section 5.2
- November 17, 2016 Board work session with RWPGs on Structure and Operation of RWPGs. A recording of this meeting is available on the Texas Admin Viewer. Work Session Action Item Status.
- October 04, 2017 Board work session with RWPGs regarding implementing RWPG legislation from the 85th Legislative Session. A recording of this meeting is available on the Texas Admin Viewer.