Frequently Asked Questions
For additional assistance with the application, please contact Demetra Underwood-Roane at 512-463-8436.
Regional Project Implementation Teams are assigned throughout the state to six geographic regions. Each project team includes a manager, financial analyst, engineers, environmental reviewer, and coordinates with a specific attorney and regional water planner. More information on your Regional Implementation Team is available.
1. Do we need to use the TWDB application format when requesting funds?
Yes, using this format ensures all necessary information is provided which will expedite the review process and recommendation to the TWDB Board for commitment.
2. Where do we send completed applications and copies?
Texas Water Development Board
Water Supply & Infrastructure - Regional Water Project Development
PO Box 13231
1700 North Congress, 6th floor
Austin, TX 78711-3231
78701(for Courier deliveries)
3. How many copies do I need to submit?
Each applicant must submit one double-sided copy and one indexed electronic copy, via electronic storage media such as CD or flash drive using MS Word, Excel or Adobe Acrobat. Each set must include all related documentation, including all attachments.
4. Is an electronic copy necessary?
Yes, this enables us to better serve our customers and expedite our process.
5. We've been invited via a formal invitation, what is the deadline for sending in our application?
The deadline listed on your invitation letter will be the date your application is due.
6. Do all attachments need to be sent in at the same time as the application?
Yes, by submitting all these forms staff is better able to review and confirm that all necessary information is included to prepare a recommendation to the TWDB Board for commitment. Incomplete applications will delay the review and recommendation process.
7. How long will it take for my application to be presented for approval by the TWDB Board?
This depends on the program and the complexity of the project. Please contact the appropriate team manager of your region for further information.
8. Is there an application fee for filing an application?
There are no fees for filing the application. However, some of the programs have an origination fee at loan closing.
9. Who do I contact for assistance with completing the application and/or scheduling a pre-application meeting?
Please contact your regional team.