Online Water Use Survey
The 2023 Online Water Use Survey is now open from January 2, 2024 and will close March 1, 2024.
How to use the Online Survey
Please see our Water Use Survey Guidance Videos to become acquainted with the Water Use Survey application.
The Water Loss, Use, and Conservation webinar training is also provided to participants to become familiar with the online reports, including the Water Use Survey. If you would like to attend this webinar, you may find information and the webinar dates on our Water Loss Auditor Training page. You may also register directly here.
Logging into TWDB Okta application
- Click on the Online Registration and Survey to go to the TWDB Okta application management system. There is an option to sign into an existing account or to create a new Okta account. For additional help, check our guidance video for Registering an Okta Account or a quick login guide sheet for further instructions.
- Registered Users - If you have previously registered with the TWDB website for an online application (water loss audit or water use survey), you can enter the Username and Password. Upon successful login, a list of TWDB applications, including the Water Use Survey, will be displayed.
- If you are having trouble accessing your account your password may be expired and require a reset. Please follow these directions to reset your Okta password.
- If you cannot reset or unlock your account on your own, you may get in contact with our IT team for assistance. Please follow the directions at Request Help With Okta. The Water Use Survey team cannot help you with getting access to your Okta account.
- New Users - If this is your first time using the TWDB Application, please click on Sign Up at the bottom of the application page.
- For additional help with user log in (create your account, reset your password, unlock your account, update your user profile and set up Multi-Factor Authentication) please visit: Okta User Guide
Completing the surveys
- Once logged in to Okta, you will be able to access various agency programs using the TWDB Program Management System. Select the LUC tile to go to the Water Loss, Use and Conservation (WLUC) page.
- At the top of the page, select the Water Use Survey tab. Once on the Survey List page, you should see the system(s) listed that you have access to.
- If your registered email is the same contact email that is currently in the Water Use Survey database, you will see the system or facilities you have access to. Click on the underlined name to enter the Survey.
- If you do not see the system or facility you need, you may send a request to Water Use Survey staff using the Request Access to Surveys link at the top left corner of the Survey List page. Generally, the requests will be approved within an hour, but may take up to one business day. After approval, you will see the system/facility name in the list.
- Once approved, you can select the system or facility which will take you to a set of overall online survey instructions that can be printed or downloaded as a pdf.
- For more information on completing the Water Use Survey online, please see Using the Online Water Use Survey Application and Navigating the Survey List Page.
If you experience difficulty or have suggestions for improvement, please feel free to share your comments with Water Use Survey Team, by phone (512) 463-7952, or by fax (512) 463-8468