Online Water Use Survey
Please be aware that server maintenance is scheduled for the following date:
November 23, 2019, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
The Water Use Survey application and reports will not be accessible during the maintenance.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
Welcome to the Online Water Use Survey. For the best application experience, we recommend you use the Chrome web browser.
Advantages of the Online Survey
- At any point in the survey process, the information can be saved and a draft survey of currently entered data can be saved and printed.
- A final report of the successfully submitted survey can be downloaded.
- For large organizations, multiple contacts can be established to allow individuals to enter their data into the survey independently.
- Large volumes can be pasted in rather than writing large numbers into small fields.
- Water sources reported in the previous reporting survey year will be listed as default water sources in the current reporting survey year.
- Specific water sources such as groundwater wells for public water systems and water rights will also automatically appear as an optional method or reporting water intake.
- Water sales reported in previous reporting survey year will appear as default water sales in the current reporting survey year for easy data entry.
- All water source (intake) and water sale information entered for the current year will be shown next year.
How to use Online Survey
- Click on the Online Registration and Survey and you will be taken to TWDB Application Program Management (APM) System.
- Registered Users - If you have previously registered with the TWDB website for an online application (water loss audit or water use survey), you can enter the Username and Password. Upon successful login, a list of TWDB applications, including the Water Use Survey, will be displayed (Step 4).
- Please note that the online application does not allow users to use the same account and login information for more than one person. Once an individual's name is associated with an email address at registration, the individual's name cannot be changed to someone else at a later date. Therefore, it is not possible to re-use another user's login information and their associated email. If an email address is already used by another person, a new user registration will need to be established using a different email address.
New Users - If this is your first time to the TWDB Application page, please click on the Register now button. For guidance, refer to the first video at the bottom of this page.
- Username Criteria
- no more than 15 characters
- contains only numbers or letters
- no spaces between characters
- no special characters, such as @ # $ % ^ & * _ + = ? / ~ ` ; : , < > | \ ( )
- Password Criteria
- must be at least seven characters long
- must have at least one numeric character
- must have at least one special character, such as ! @ # $ % ^ & * _ + = ? / ~ ` ; : , < > | \ ( )
- Username Criteria
- Upon successful login, click on the linked Water Use Survey text and you will be taken to the Survey List.
- If your registered email is the same contact email that is currently in the Water Use Survey database, you will see the system or facilities you have access to. Click on the underlined name to enter the Survey.
- If you do not see the system or facility you need, you may send a request to Water Use Survey staff. Generally, the requests will be approved within an hour, but may take up to one business day. After approval, you will see the system/facility name in the list.
- Once approved to fill out the online survey for a particular system or facility, you may select the system or facility and will then be taken to a set of overall online survey instructions which can be printed or downloaded as a pdf.
The guidance below has step-by-step instructions in registering as a new user, requesting access to surveys, and entering your water use data through the online application program.
Registering New Account
Requesting Access to Surveys
Adding & Entering Self-Supplied Groundwater Source Data
Adding & Entering Self-Supplied Surface Water Source Data
Adding & Entering Self-Supplied Reuse Source Data
Adding & Entering Purchase Source Data
Water System Information
Submit Survey & Save Copy
Changing Account Information
If you experience difficulty or have suggestions for improvement, please feel free to share your comments with Water Use Survey Team, by phone (512) 463-7952, or by fax (512) 463-8468