Texas Water Development Board Policies
Privacy and Security Policy
The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) web site is operated for authorized use only and is provided as a public service. This policy describes TWDB’s privacy and security practices regarding information collected from visitors to the site, including what information is collected and how that information is used.
Regardless of the information being transmitted to TWDB, we will protect all such information consistent with applicable law. The privacy of our customers and the security of this site are of utmost importance to TWDB. This policy applies to all pages beginning with:
- Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) (www.twdb.texas.gov)
- Texas Water Development Board - Bays and Estuaries (midgewater.twdb.texas.gov)
- Water Data Interactive (WDI)
- Texas Natural Resources Information System (TNRIS) (www.tnris.org)
- Save Texas Water (www.savetexaswater.org)
- Water IQ (www.wateriq.org)
- Texas Water Infrastructure Coordination Committee (TWICC) (www.twicc.org)
- Water Exploration (www.waterexploration.org)
- Texas Flood, Information and Resources about flooding
- Texas State Water Plan, Interactive website that show the 2012 and 2017 Water Plans
- Water Data for Texas
This policy does not apply whenever visitors leave the TWDB domains and follow a link to another site, including the sites of other state agencies and local governments.
Notice of Monitored Use
This website is monitored to ensure proper operation, to verify the function of applicable security features and for similar purposes. Unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information on this site, or otherwise cause damage are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under Texas Penal Code Chapters 33 (Computer Crimes) or 33A (Telecommunications Crimes).
If you visit a TWDB site . . .
- To read or download information: We may collect and store the number of visitors to the site for statistical purposes. We may count the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, for example, to help us make them more useful to visitors. This information is also gathered for anonymous File Transfer Protocol (ftp), remote account login, or for other comparable connections.
- To send us e-mail: By sending us an e-mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or filling out a form that e-mails us this information, we will only use the personally identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another government agency or person who is in a better position to answer your question. We will not release your e-mail address to the public unless you consent to such information.
- To register: Information which may be collected at this site through questionnaires, feedback forms, or other means, enables us to determine a visitor’s interests, with the goal of providing better customer service.
- To submit a web-based form: When a user provides personal information to TWDB through a survey or purchase form, for example, the TWDB (or a third party engaged by TWDB) collects the information for processing the request. TWDB may also use this information in aggregate form to get a better general understanding of the type of individuals using online services. Unless specifically disclosed, the personally identifiable information is not linked by TWDB (or any third party) to any other personal information collected by any state agency, however, any information submitted through a web-based form may be subject to interception.
An individual who submits information in electronic format through this web site is entitled, on request, to receive and review the information that the TWDB collects about the individual, and to have TWDB correct the information. To make a request, please contact the following person:
Public Information Officer
Telephone: (512) 463-8165
Info Desk: (512) 463-7847
Release of Information
All information collected or maintained by TWDB is subject to the provisions of the Texas Public Information Act (Chapter 552, Texas Government Code). The identity of most members of the public who communicate with state agencies through the Internet is confidential under Texas law. Exceptions to confidentiality may be reviewed at Texas Government code, Section 552.137.
This web site provides links to other web sites, both public and private, for informational purposes. TWDB makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, or suitability for any purpose of the information provided via this web site. TWDB specifically disclaims any and all liability and responsibility for any claims or damage that may arise as a result of TWDB providing the web site or the information it contains, or that may arise in any way with respect to any web sites maintained by third parties and linked to the TWDB site.
TWDB makes no effort to independently verify, and does not exert editorial control over, information on pages outside these domains
- Water Data Interactive (WDI)
TWDB advises site visitors to read the privacy policies of any third-party sites accessed through this site.
TWDB does not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced in this web site. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational purposes only.
The Texas Water Development Board freely grants permission to copy and distribute its materials. The agency would appreciate acknowledgment.
The intention of this policy is to state clear accessibility principles that all Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) websites must follow.
The TWDB strives to ensure all of its websites comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) when possible without causing undue burden to the agency. Due to current technology constraints, there are some instances where the TWDB is unable to provide information in an accessible format (e.g. mapping information). The TWDB will be monitoring these sections and will develop accessible solutions as technology improves. In order to ensure no user is disadvantaged, the TWDB will respond to all accessibility assistance requests by either altering the necessary content as soon as possible or, if requested, by providing the information in an alternative format at no cost to the user within a reasonable timeframe. It is the responsibility of the webpage owner to provide these alternative formats. The TWDB websites will provide appropriate channels of communication that allow visitors to request alternative formats and to give feedback about any accessibility problems.
For the purpose of this policy, the term "websites" includes:
- All websites (public and non-authenticated) managed and maintained by TWDB staff or on the behalf of TWDB, including, all external websites using the .twdb.texas.gov domain, agency ancillary sites, and social media sites.
- All material associated with pages of the website such as documents, audio, video and any other additional files except for maps.
To Get Information in a Different Format
If you use assistive technology and the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access information, please send an e-mail to the TWDB Accessibility Coordinator.
When you contact us, please be sure to tell us each of these points:
- the nature of your accessibility problem
- the format in which you prefer to receive the material
- the web address of the requested material
- how we can contact you
With this information, we will be able to respond in the most helpful way possible.