Submitted Drillers Reports (SDR) Database
The Submitted Drillers Report (SDR) Database is populated from the online Texas Well Report Submission and Retrieval System (TWRSRS) which is a cooperative Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) and Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) application that registered water-well drillers use to submit their required reports. This system was started 2/5/2001 and began collecting all reports in 2003. Be aware that the locations of the wells in this database are not verified by State staff and may be inaccurate. Added Proposed Use: Fracking Supply in February 2011.
Reports that drillers submitted by mail before the inception date are not included in this database, but are available for access at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Water Well Report Viewer.
Licensed Water Well Drillers - see bottom of page
Reports and Downloads
Reports are designed to view a select set of information in the SDR database, not for viewing all records in the database. Reports allow the user to select or enter certain information to obtain well records for that specific criteria. There is an option to export the reports to several different formats. To get the entire SDR database, go to the Downloads section below.
- Well Reports Search by Map or Tracking Number
- Use the TWDB Water Data Interactive (WDI) Groundwater Data Viewer to search for well reports. Click "Groundwater" at the top of the page to view other groundwater data, including plugging reports. Several base maps and layers, along with interactive tools, allow for viewing and downloading Texas groundwater data.
- Well Reports Search by County and Use
- Select one or multiple counties and one or multiple proposed uses from the lists at the top of the page, then click the View Report button in the upper right.
- Well Reports Advanced Search
- Enter information in one or many of the text boxes at the top of the screen, then click the View Report button in the upper right. Entering partial information in the fields returns all records that meet that criteria. For example, entering "Smith" for Owner Name and "Harris" for County returns all well reports where "Smith" is part of the owner name and "Harris" is part of the County.
- Plugging Reports Search by County
- Select one or multiple counties from the list at the top of the page, then click the View Report button in the upper right
- Plugging Reports Advanced Search
- Enter information in one or many of the text boxes at the top of the screen, then click the View Report button in the upper right. Entering partial information in the fields returns all records that meet that criteria. For example, entering "Smith" for Owner Name and "Harris" for County returns all plugging reports where "Smith" is part of the owner name and "Harris" is part of the County.
Once the report is generated, the following toolbar is displayed. Explanation of the toolbar is listed below.
- Page Navigation Controls - Open the first or last page of a report, scroll through a report page by page, and open a specific page in a report. To view a specific page, type the page number and press ENTER.
- Search Field - Search for content in the report by typing a word or phrase that you want to find (the maximum value length is 256 characters). The search is case-insensitive and starts at the page or section that is currently selected. Only visible content is included in a search operation. To search for subsequent occurrences of the same value, click Next.
- Export Format - View and download the report in a specific format.
- XML - View the report in XML syntax. Reports viewed in XML open in a new browser window.
- CSV - View the report in a comma-delimited format. The report opens in an application that is associated with the CSV file type.
- PDF - View the report using a client-side PDF viewer. You must have third-party PDF viewer (for example, Adobe Acrobat Reader) to use this format.
- MHTML - View the report in an MIME-encoded HTML format that keeps images and linked content together with a report.
- Excel - View the report in Microsoft Excel.
- TIFF - View the report in the default TIFF viewer. For some Microsoft Windows clients, this is the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Select this format to a view a report in a page-oriented layout.
- Word - View the report in Microsoft Word.
- Report Refresh - Refresh the report. Data for live reports will be refreshed. Cached reports will be reloaded from where they are stored.
- Data Feed - Generated data feeds from reports.
- Full SDR Database Download
- Pipe "|" delimited text files of all data tables from the SDR database, updated nightly. Be sure to view the ReadMe folder for information about using the download files.
- SDRDB Well Location Shapefile SDRDB Plugging Report Shapefile
- Geographic Information System shapefile of SDR Database well locations and plugging report locations, updated nightly. Be aware that the locations of the wells in this database are not verified by State staff and may be inaccurate.
Licensed Water Well Drillers OnlyTexas Well Report Submission and Retrieval System (TWRSRS)
Please contact the Groundwater Data Team with any groundwater data related questions.