Flood Infrastructure Fund (FIF) Category 2 - Planning, Acquisition, Design, Construction, Rehabilitation
Category 2 of the Flood Infrastructure Fund (FIF) Program is for projects with any combination of the following phases: planning, acquisition, design, construction, and/or rehabilitation.
Eligible projects include:
- Feasibility analyses
- Detailed hydraulic and hydrologic studies
- Activities to obtain regulatory approval
- Activities such as construction, rehabilitation, demolition, and decommission
- Planning studies that do not meet Category 1 requirements
- Planning, acquisition, design, construction, and rehabilitation of nonstructural and nature-based solutions that do not meet Category 4 requirements
Applicants requesting FIF funds must meet the following required minimum standards:
- For construction and/or rehabilitation projects – Entity must plan for operations and maintenance costs resulting from the proposed project. Operations and maintenance are not eligible costs under the FIF program.
- Evaluate possible floodwater capture techniques that may be implemented.
- Coordinate with other entities in the watershed.
Financing options for FIF Category 2 projects include loans with an interest rate of 0% and grant funds. The recipient may use its own available funds or borrow FIF funds at 0% for any portion of the remainder of the project not provided through the FIF grant funds. Use of in-kind services requires prior TWDB approval.
- FIF Category 2: Guidance for the Preparation of Flood Mitigation Project Engineering Feasibility Reports (TWBD-0554) (September 2020)
- Guidance for the Preparation of Flood Mitigation Project Design Documents (TWDB-0511) (September 2020)
- Supplemental Contract Conditions for State Loan Projects (TWDB-0552) (November 2018)
- MOU & Affidavit Flow Chart (9/8/2020)