Report 361 Conference Proceedings 100 Years of Rule of Capture: From East to Groundwater Management
The 8 Conference Proceedings chapters contained in TWDB Report 361 cover the Rule of Capture Conference held June 15, 2004 and are provided here in Adobe Acrobat pdf format as separate files. Note that there is no single composite pdf file as it would be too large.
Authorization for use or reproduction of any original material contained in this publication, i.e., not obtained from other sources, is freely granted. The Board would appreciate acknowledgment. The use of brand names in this publication does not indicate an endorsement by the Texas Water Development Board.
Note that these pdfs have been designed for online viewing. To order a hard copy of this 174-page report, please call TNRIS desk (512) 463-8337.
The index below is linked to a pdf file for each chapter. Hover your mouse over a chapter name, and click a link of interest. To download files, right click a link and choose Save Target As...
- Report 361 (Full - 12.5MB)
- Report 361 Cover art
- Report 361 Conference Speakers
- Report 361 Front matter and Introduction
- Report 361 Chapter 1 - History and Evolution of the Rule of Capture by Harry Grant Potter, III
- Report 361 Chapter 2 - What should Texas do about the Rule of Capture? by Corwin W. Johnson
- Report 361 Chapter 3 - Regulatory Dance: Rule of Capture and Chapter 36 District Perspective by Michael J. Booth and Ross Richard-Crow
- Report 361 Chapter 4 - The Rule of Capture - "If it ain't Broke..." by Douglas G. Caroom and Susan M. Maxwell
- Report 361 Chapter 5 - Groundwater is no longer secret and occult - A Historical and Hydrologic analysis of the East case by Robert E. Mace, Cynthia Ridgeway, and John M. Sharp, Jr.
- Report 361 Chapter 6 - Rule of Capture: The Future by C. E. Williams
- Report 361 Chapter 7 - The Future of the Rule of Capture by Gregory M. Ellis
- Report 361 Chapter 8 - Transcript record and Opinion of Texas Supreme Court and Other Documents presented by Robert E. Mace, Robert R. Flores, Cynthia Ridgeway, and Edward S. Angle
For other reports, see also: Groundwater Reports, or TWDB Publications