Sixth Cycle of Regional Water Planning Documents: 2026 Regional Water Plans
Documents applicable to developing the 2026 Regional Water Plans are posted below. Additional documents will be posted as they become available. Dates listed on this webpage indicate the date the document was posted online, or if noted, the date the document was last updated.
TWDB Communications on Plan Development
Regional Water Planning Project documents will be organzied by Scope of Work Task.
- Sixth Cycle of Regional Water Planning Working Schedule (updated 10/19/21)
Task 1: Planning Area Description
Task 2: Population & Water Demand Projections
Task 10: Public Participation & Plan Adoption
Pre-planning and interregional coordination meeting supporting data:
- Recommended Water Management Strategies Serving Multiple Regions (6/21/21)
- Alternative Water Management Strategies and Projects (6/21/21)
TWDB Surface Water Related Studies
- Initial Scope of Work - 2026 Regional Water Plans (Exhibit A)
- General Guidelines for Development of the 2026 Regional Water Plans (Exhibit C)
- TWDB Contracting Documents - FAQs and Helpful Contracting Documents
- - An orientation to the responsibilities of acting as a regional water planning group's designated political subdivision and/or administrative agent (updated 1/23/2020) This document will be updated in 2021
Rules and Public Notice Tools
- Rules Pamphlet - Water planning rules and Texas statute reference pamphlet for regional water planning (updated May 2021)
- Regional Water Planning Rules & Statutes (31 TAC 355, 357 & 358; TWC Chapter 16)
- Regional Water Planning Public Notification Quick-Reference - Regional water planning activities and associated public notice requirements (updated May 2021)
- Regional Water Planning Public Notification Quick-Reference - Spreadsheet tool to assist RWPG Administators with the scheduling of regional water planning public notice requirements (updated May 2021)
Open Meetings Act and Public Information Act Resources
Plan Amendment Guidance
- Amending an Approved Regional Water Plan (updated 11/17/17)
- Amending an Approved Regional Water Plan - Process Flowchart (updated 11/17/17)
- RWPG Members and Contacts
- RWPG Chairs Contacts Notification List (updated on an approximate bimonthly basis)
- Regional Notification List - TCEQ Water Right Holders (02/18/2020)
- Regional Notification List - TCEQ Public Water Utilities/General/Special Law Districts and River Authorities (02/10/2020)
Note: You may wish to contact the TCEQ's Water Supply Division/Water Availability Division (512-239-4691) for the most up to date version of their lists. The TWDB obtained updated versions of the Water Rights, Public Water Utilities lists and the General/Special Law Districts & River Authorities lists in February 2020.
Updated presentations will be posted in 2021.