2023 Regional Flood Plan
Working Documents (2020–2023)
Documents applicable to developing the 2023 Regional Flood Plans can be found at the following links. Additional documents will be posted as they become available. Dates listed on this webpage indicate the date the document was posted online, or if noted, the date the document was last updated.
Contract Documents and Guidelines
- General Document Cross Reference (04/30/21)
- Scope of Work (04/11/2022)
- Exhibit C: Technical Guidelines for Regional Flood Planning (also available in Track Changes Version after Public Comments) provides technical guidelines and submittal requirements for each scope item and additional technical guidance regarding population estimates, hydraulic and hydrologic modeling, benefit-cost ratio analysis, etc. (04/30/21)
- Update to Exhibit C Section 3.10 (Map List) (06/13/22)
- Summary of updates. (04/12/2022)
- Flood Planning Data Update - FMX Questions and Fields (06/03/22)
- Exhibit D Accomodations for Draft RFP Comments (10/12/22)
- Working Conceptual Schedule (December 2022)
- Public Notice Quick Reference (12/10/2020)
- Administrative Guidance for RFPG Planning Group Sponsors (12/18/2020)
- Flooding 101 (12/30/2020)
- Request for Application Process & Funding Summary (12/30/2020)
- Scope of Work Overview (12/30/2020)
- Request for Applications Webinar for Planning Group Sponsors (12/29/2020)
- Pre-Planning Meeting Presentation (02/16/2021)
- RFPG Member Welcome & Orientation Webinar:
- October 19, 2020 (Public Notice), (Webinar Video), (Webinar Slides)
- October 20, 2020 (Public Notice), (Webinar Video), (Webinar Slides)
- Contract Kick-Off Webinar: (Webinar Video, 50MB), (Webinar Slides) (04/21/2021)
- Technical Guidelines Webinar: (Webinar Video, 136MB), (Webinar Slides) (06/1/2021)
- Payment Request Webinar: (Webinar Slides) (09/24/2021)
- Regional Flood Planning Grant Contract Amendment Webinar: (Webinar Video, 138MB), (Webinar Slides) (11/02/2021)
- Technical Consultants' Conference Call: (Webinar Video, 286MB), (Webinar Slides) (12/08/2021)
- Technical Consultants' Conference Call - TDIS Model Storage Demo: (Webinar Video, 189MB) (01/19/2022)
- Sponsors Conference Call - Second Cycle Transition: (Webinar Video, 354MB), (Webinar Slides) (06/07/2023)
Designation of Initial Voting Members of Regional Flood Planning Groups (RFPGs)
In May 2020, the Texas Water Development Board’s Executive Administrator opened a solicitation for nominations of individuals to serve as initial regional flood planning group members to fill the 12 required voting interest categories for each of the 15 flood planning regions. More than 600 nominations were received during the nomination period.
At the October 1, 2020 Board meeting, the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) designated the initial voting members of the 15 regional flood planning groups. These planning groups will be responsible for developing Texas’ first regional flood plans by January 2023, which will culminate in the state’s first-ever state flood plan.
For information on the selection process, please see the October 1, 2020, Board item.
The TWDB Regional Flood Planning Group Meetings webpage includes meeting agendas, meeting materials, and information to access and attend scheduled RFPG meetings. All flood planning group meetings and members are subject to the Open Meetings Act and Public Information Act. Meetings will include an opportunity for public comment and will be conducted in an open and transparent manner.