Region H Planning Group
Composed of all or parts of 15 counties, Region H includes portions of the Trinity, San Jacinto, and Brazos river basins. The Houston metropolitan area is located within this region. The largest economic sector in Region H is the petrochemical industry, which accounts for two-thirds of the petrochemical production in the United States. Other major economic sectors in the region include medical services, tourism, banking, construction, transportation, government, agriculture, and fisheries.
Region H Counties
Meeting Minutes & Updates
Meeting Minutes: Visit the "Meetings/Main Page" link on Region H's External Website for official planning group meeting minutes.
Next Meeting: Please see the Upcoming Regional Water Planning Group Meetings webpage for information on the next Region H meeting.
Region H Bylaws
Region H Water Plans
Region H Related Links
- Region H Water Planning Group External Website
- Region H Regional Water Planning Area Map
- Planning Group Members & Contacts
- Brazos River Authority
- City of Houston
- Harris Galveston & Fort Bend Subsidence Districts
- Trinity River Authority
- North Harris County Regional Water Authority
- West Harris County Regional Water Authority
- Houston-Galveston Area Council
- Galveston Bay Status and Trends
- TCEQ's Galveston Bay Estuary Program
- Galveston Bay Freshwater Inflows Group
- Groundwater Management Areas - GMAs 11, 12, and 14 overlap Region H