Electra Lake (Red River Basin)
Electra Lake is located approximately seven miles southwest of Electra in Wichita County, Texas. The dam and lake were built in 1950 for water supply and flood control on Camp Creek (in Wilbarger County), a tributary of Beaver Creek which is a tributary of Wichita River. The reservoir was designed by Freese and Nichols Inc. and owned by the City Of Electra. Lake Electra Dam is of earthen construction with a core of homogeneous earth and rock and soil foundation. Per Certificate of Adjudication (No. 02-5128) issued by the Texas Water Rights Commission on August 7, 1987, City of Electra is authorized to impound up to 8,730 acre-feet water in the reservoir and divert up to 600 acre-feet for municipal use.