Lake Casa Blanca (Rio Grande River Basin)
Lake Casa Blanca and County Club Dam are located three miles northeast of Laredo in Webb County, on Chacon Creek, a tributary of Rio Grande. This reservoir is owned by the Webb County for recreational purpose. Construction of dam started 1948 and was partially washed out in 1949. Reconstruction started in 1949 and completed in 1951. Deliberate impoundment of water began 1949. The dam, designed by Mr. Terrell Bartlett and Mr. Royce Tipton, is an earthfill embankment of 5,300 feet long with a maximum height of 76 feet. The top of the dam is at elevation, 465 feet above mean sea level. The uncontrolled emergency spillway is about 3,000 feet to the left of the dam. It is excavated in natural earth and rock with crest length of about 260 feet at elevation of 446.5 feet above mean sea level. The lake has a storage capacity of 20,000 acre-feet encompassing a surface area of 1,680 acres at the conservation pool elevation of 446.5 feet above mean sea level. The drainage area above dam is approximately 116.55 square miles.