The Texas Water Development Board is proud to offer an unpaid internship program aimed at providing students with real-world training and skill development. The goal is to provide current college students or recent graduates with useful skills to complement their education and help them gain future employment opportunities. Beyond providing on-the-job experience in their desired field, internships at the TWDB give students both an inside look at state government and the opportunity to see first-hand how our important work has a direct impact on the citizens of Texas. Interns are afforded opportunities to interact with and learn from agency management while working closely with subject-matter-experts in their intended field.
UT Austin 2022 Spring Virtual Engineering Expo - Thursday, February 3, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Information on Internship Program
- Performs support work for division program areas
- Provides project assistance
- Conducts research as requested for various projects
- Prepares correspondence, reports, studies, forms and documents
- May research, compose, design, or edit agency publications, forms manuals and charts
- Assists with special projects
We accept applications for volunteer interns year around. We request that interns make a 3-month commitment, volunteering for a minimum of 10 hours a week. Start dates are flexible and typically coincide with school calendars such as:
- SUMMER: June - August
- FALL: September - December
- SPRING: January - May
Internships are available in the following offices:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Internal Audit
- Texas Natural Resources Information Systems
- Regional Water Planning and Development
- Groundwater Resources
- Surface Water Resources
- Conservation and Innovative Water Technologies
- Governmental Relations and Agency Communications
- General Counsel
How to Apply
All volunteer intern applicants are required to submit the following either in person, by mail, facsimile or email.
- Internship Application
- Cover Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- Copy of Transcript (unofficial)
- At least one (1) Academic or Work Reference
In Person: 1700 N. Congress Avenue, Suite 670 in Austin, Texas.
Fax: (512) 463-7644
Mail: Texas Water Development Board, Human Resources Division, P.O. Box 13231, Austin, Texas 78711-3231
If you have questions about the TWDB internship program, please contact Human Resources at (512) 475-2142.