Stormwater Reuse as a Water Management Strategy
Alan Plummer Associates will conduct a study to assess the viability of stormwater reuse as a water management strategy in Texas.
- TWDB Contract Manager:
- Saqib Shirazi, Ph.D., P.E.
- Funding Recipient:
- Alan Plummer Associates, Inc.
- Project Administrator:
- Ellen McDonald, Ph.D., P.E.
- Alan Plummer Associates (Fort Worth, Texas), Lloyd Gosselink Rochelle & Townsend, P.C. (Austin, Texas), Nellor Environmental Associates, Inc. (Austin, Texas), Miya Group (Fresno, California), University of Florida (Gainesville, Florida)
- Project Start Date:
- November 1, 2008
- Project Completion Date:
- October 31, 2009 (amended to March 31, 2010)
- Total Project Cost:
- TWDB Share of Project Cost:
- Stormwater reuse can contribute to a reduction in potable water usage, storm water volumes, and peak flows. It can also provide asethetic and recreational benefits to surrounding communities.
Project Sponsor: Texas Water Development Board
Saqib Shirazi, Ph.D., P.E. - Contract Manager
Texas Water Development Board
1700 N. Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78711
Funding Recipient: Alan Plummer Associates, Inc.
Ellen McDonald, Ph.D., P.E. - Project Manager
1320 S. University Dr., Suite 300
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Project Participants: Lloyd Gosselink Rochelle & Townsend, P.C.
816 Congress Avenue, Suite 1900
Austin, Texas 78701
Dr. James P. Heaney, University of Florida
Dr. James P. Heaney
P.O. Box 116450
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611-6450
Nellor Environmental Associates, Inc.
4024 Walnut Clay Drive
Austin, TX 78731
4934 East Yale Ave
Fresno, CA 93727
|Announcement of Request for Proposals in Texas Register||March 7, 2008|
|Proposal received by TWDB||April 23, 2008|
|TWDB Board approval||June 23, 2008|
|Contract execution date||October 22, 2008|
|Final report deadline||December 31, 2009|
- Stormwater Harvesting Guidance Document for Texas Water Development Board, March 2010 (11 MB)