Effective Flood Awareness Communication
- Project summary:
Many Texans are unaware of their flood risk. According to a survey conducted by the University of Texas at Austin in 2021, there are almost no differences in Texans' perception of their flood risk based on whether they live in a flood-prone zip code or not. In order to help reduce loss of life and protect property during flood events, it is essential that Texans better understand their flood risk. The goals of this project are to
- Identify end-users for a flood awareness campaign,
- Create a flood awareness outreach campaign for the identified end-users, and to
- Develop best practices for effective flood risk communication for the identified end-users.
- Project deliverable(s):
- Flood communication campaign materials and implementation strategy for communities in Texas.
- Contractor (and Principal Investigator, if appropriate):
- The University of Texas at Austin - Moody College of Communication, Dr. Keri Stephens
- Contract amount:
- Project lead:
- Raddiete Sogaolu
- Project timeline:
- August 2022 - August 31, 2023