Board Meeting Agendas
- March 28, 2019 at 9:30 AM
- Stephen F. Austin Building, 1700 Congress Ave., Room 170 Austin, Texas
- Printable Board Agenda
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel and Development Fund Manager to take all necessary actions for the issuance, sale and delivery of State of Texas Water Financial Assistance Refunding Bonds in one or more series; and approving the selection of financial advisor, bond counsel, disclosure counsel, senior managing underwriter, and co-managing underwriters for the negotiation of the bond issue. (Georgia Sanchez) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) regarding placement of climate data collection stations on TxDOT property. (Kaye Schultz) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider designating brackish groundwater production zones in the Blossom, Lipan, Nacatoch, and Northern Trinity aquifers. (Erika Mancha) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider approval of requested changes submitted by Region J and Region L to amend the Board-adopted population and water demand projections for use in the 2021 Regional Water Plans and 2022 State Water Plan. (Yun Cho) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving by resolution a request from Parker County Special Utility District (Parker County) for $15,080,000 in financing from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction for a water system improvement project. (Luis Farias) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Nassau Bay (Harris County) for $3,000,000 in financing from the Texas Water Development Fund for planning, design, and construction to rehabilitate existing water and sewer utilities. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider approving by resolution a request from Study Butte Water Supply Corporation (Brewster County) for $300,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of water system improvements. (Lee Huntoon) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Tom Green County Fresh Water Supply District #2 (Tom Green County) for $300,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of water system improvements. (Lee Huntoon) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Consider approving the 2018 Texas Rain Catcher Awards. (Kevin Kluge) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Wimberley to amend Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) Resolution No. 16-032 to change the constructed project components. (Jeff Walker) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
13. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be April 10, 2019. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, “property” means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 9:00 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.