Board Meeting Agendas
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Briefing and discussion of bond sale for State of Texas General Obligation Water Financial Assistance and Refunding Bonds, Series 2017A, Series 2017B (Economically Distressed Areas Program), and Taxable Series 2017C. (Georgia Sanchez) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider authorizing payments to Wells Fargo Brokerage Services, LLC in an amount not to exceed $300,000 for Fiscal Year 2017, and authorize the Executive Administrator to extend the current depository and custody services contract for a one-year term from September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018 with payment authority not to exceed $300,000. (Rebecca Trevino) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider approving Internal Audit's Fiscal Year 2018 Audit Plan. (Nicky Carter) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider approving the Internal Audit Charter. (Nicky Carter) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving material changes to contracts for goods and services executed during the third quarter of fiscal year 2017; and the contract and performance report for the third quarter of fiscal year 2017. (David Carter) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider approving by resolution a request from the San Antonio River Authority (Bexar County) for $9,500,000 in financing from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for the design and construction of a new wastewater treatment plant and collection line. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider authorizing the executive administrator to execute a contract with the Hidalgo County Drainage District No. 1 for a $4,500,000 grant pursuant to Rider No. 27 of the General Appropriation's Act. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Booker (Lipscomb and Ochiltree Counties) for $455,000 in financing from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a water main replacement project. (Lee Huntoon) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Consider approving by resolution a request from D & M Water Supply Corporation (Nacogdoches County) for $1,900,000 in financing from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of water system improvements and for a waiver of the requirement that a portion of the financial assistance be used to mitigate water loss. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Chandler (Henderson County) for $750,000 in financing from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of water system improvements. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute the State Fiscal Year 2018 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Set-Aside Contract between the Texas Water Development Board and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. (Mark Wyatt) Board Agenda #12 Document
15. Briefing and discussion on development of a state flood plan and authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute a contract for a total amount not to exceed $600,000 to support development of the plan. (Carla Guthrie) Board Agenda #15 Document
16. Consider appointing members to the Water Conservation Advisory Council. (Mindy Conyers) Board Agenda #16 Document
17. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute a contract in an amount not to exceed $2,086,895 for continuation of the Water Resources Investigations data collection program with the U.S. Geological Survey in Fiscal Year 2018. (Mark Wentzel) Board Agenda #17 Document
18. Briefing and discussion on water conditions in the state of Texas. (Mark Wentzel) Board Agenda #18 Document
19. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code §2001.061.
20. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, and/or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator, Internal Auditor, and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be September 7, 2017. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN. This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 9:00 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.