CAPPS Online Application System FAQ
How do I create a CAPPS Online Application system account?
Select CAPPS Career Section to create your candidate account. Click "Sign In", review the Privacy Agreement, click "I Accept". On the next page select "New User" to complete the registration and your candidate profile.
Will my attachments be visible to the employer?
Yes, however additional steps may be required.
Attachments added to an individual job submission will be marked as 'Relevant Files' and will be visible to the employer.
- The Relevant Files column allows the applicant to select which files are relevant to the job submission.
- Relevant documents are files you want to attach to your job submission, including those files requested by the employer.
- Attachments added to a candidate profile will only be visible to the employer if marked as 'Relevant Files.'
- Resumes, cover letters, and examples of work may be attached as a supplement to the State of Texas Application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the State of Texas Application. Additional documents may be required during the application process.
- DO NOT attach any documents containing sensitive Personal Identifiable Information such as date of birth, social security, numbers, etc.
I forgot my User ID/email address, how do I log in?
- If you know your email address, use the "Forgot your user name?" link to obtain your User ID. If you do not remember your email address, you must create a new account.
- If you do not remember your password, use the "Forgot your password?" link to reset your password.
What do I do if my CAPPS Online Application account is locked?
If you are locked out, your account will unlock automatically after 5 minutes.
- Navigate to the external career section, selecting "Sign In" in the upper right hand corner, clicking "I Accept", and then selecting the "Forgot your password?" link. Enter the username and email on file (the information you already provided).
- Tip: It is best to close out the browser at this point to avoid confusion.
- Access your email account and navigate to the latest forgotten password email that was just generated. This email usually comes quickly but it may take a couple minutes. When looking for the email, be sure to check junk/spam folders in case it ended up there.
- From the email, click on the link to reset your password. If you do not use this link, the reset will not work correctly.
- Enter the username and access code from the email. The access code should be accepted and should prompt for a password reset.
Am I required to register with the CAPPS Online Application account to apply for a TWDB Position?
Yes. The candidate must be registered in CAPPS Online application system to apply.
Can I apply to vacant positions through WorkInTexas?
Yes. Applications submitted through WIT will be accepted. However, certain job postings may require responses to supplemental questions that will only appear on the CAPPS Online Application webpage. We strongly encourage all candidates to apply in the CAPPS Online Application system.
Can I be notified when there are new positions posted in the CAPPS Online Application system that match my profile?
Yes. Complete a candidate profile, go to "Preferences", and identify the job classifications and locations for which you wish to be notified. Additionally, go to "My Account", "Correspondence", and select "Send me an email notification whenever a new position matching my profile is posted (job posting notification) to set up email notifications.
How can I check the status of my application?
The status of your application can be viewed by selecting the 'My Jobpage' tab when logged in the CAPPS Online Application system.