Board Meeting Agendas
Visitors who wish to address the Board should complete a visitor registration card and either attend the meeting in person or arrange to address the Board via videoconference. The Texas Open Meetings Act prohibits visitor participation by telephone only. The visitor registration card is available and should be completed and submitted by e-mail to Customer Service no later than 8:00 a.m. on November 9, 2023, or in person at the registration desk.
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Authorize the Executive Administrator to execute contracts with advisory firms, in a total cumulative amount not to exceed $5 million, to provide services to selected Texas Water Development Board financial assistance recipients through the CFO to GO program. (Dennis Kyhos) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Briefing and discussion on material changes to contracts for goods and services executed during the fourth quarter of Fiscal Year 2023, and the contract and performance report for the fourth quarter of Fiscal Year 2023. (Cameron Turner) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider approving a contract increase to the Fiscal Year 2024 Information Technology contract, which provides temporary services of an Applications Architect III, by $225,000, with a new contract total not to exceed $475,000. (James Hulgan) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider adopting previously proposed amendments to 31 Texas Administrative Code §358.6 relating to water loss audits to implement Senate Bill 28 (88th Regular Session). (Erika Mancha) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to publish solicitations, and award and execute a contract in a total amount not to exceed $430,000 for a groundwater modeling project. (Daryn Hardwick) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute contracts for a total amount not to exceed $650,000 for the continued development and implementation of the Texas Water Data Hub. (Richard Wade) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider authorizing (a) publications of a Request for Applications for Regional Flood Planning Grants and (b) the TWDB Executive Administrator to award and execute flood planning grant contracts with the planning group sponsors for an amount not to exceed $38,000,000 to commence the second cycle (2023-2028) of regional flood planning. (Reem Zoun) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Consider adopting the population and municipal water demand projections and the non-municipal water demand projections for use in the 2026 Regional Water Plans and 2027 State Water Plan. (Katie Dahlberg) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Consider approving the State Fiscal Year 2024 Clean Water State Revolving Fund Intended Use Plan covering general activities. (Marvin Cole-Chaney) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Consider approving the State Fiscal Year 2024 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Intended Use Plan covering general activities. (Marvin Cole-Chaney) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute the State Fiscal Year 2024 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Set-Aside Contract between the Texas Water Development Board and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality covering regular annual appropriations. (Marvin Cole-Chaney) Board Agenda #12 Document
13. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Barton Water Supply Corporation (Erath and Palo Pinto Counties) to authorize a $1,140,000 increase in financial assistance from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for costs related to a water system improvement project. (Tom Barnett) Board Agenda #13 Document
14. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Gordon (Palo Pinto County) to amend Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 20-086 to authorize an $830,000 increase in financial assistance from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for costs related to a water system improvement project. (Tom Barnett) Board Agenda #14 Document
15. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Avalon Point Water Services, LLC dba Medina Highlands (Bandera County) for $300,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of water system improvements. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #15 Document
16. Consider amending by resolution previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 23-044 to extend Presidio County's Economically Distressed Areas Program funding commitment to February 29, 2024. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #16 Document
17. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
18. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board's funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be held in Houston, Texas on December 7, 2023, at Harris County Flood Control District (HCFCD) Service Center, Michael Talbott Pavilion, 7522 Prairie Oak Drive. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) workdays prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.