Board Meeting Agendas
- August 18, 2022 at 9:30 AM
- GoTo Webinar; In person at 1700 Congress Ave., Stephen F. Austin Building, Room 170, Austin, Texas
- Printable Board Agenda
Visitors who wish to address the Board should complete a visitor registration card and either attend the meeting in person or arrange to address the Board via videoconference. The Texas Open Meetings Act prohibits visitor participation by telephone only. The visitor registration card is available and should be completed and submitted by e-mail to Customer Service no later than 8:00 a.m. on August 18, 2022, or in person at the registration desk.
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consideration and approval of the Agency Fiscal Year (FY) 2024-2025 Legislative Appropriations Request. (Sergio Rey) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Briefing and discussion on the status of the proposed revisions to Texas Water Development Board's guidance document related to use of Construction Manager-at-Risk and Design-Build project delivery methods. (Jessica Taylor) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Approve by resolution a request from the Moffat Water Supply Corporation (Bell County) for $600,000 in financing from the Texas Water Development Fund for construction of a water system improvements project. (Tom Barnett) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Approve by resolution a request from the Parker County Special Utility District (Parker County) for $13,000,000 in financing from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of a water system improvement project. (Joe Koen) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Approve by resolution a request from the Fort Bend County Levee Improvement District No. 7 (Fort Bend County) for $10,810,000 in financial assistance consisting of $10,486,000 in financing and $324,000 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for planning, design, and construction of a flood mitigation project. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
8. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board’s funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be September 1, 2022. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) workdays prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.