Board Meeting Agendas
- July 07, 2021 at 9:30 AM
- GoTo Webinar
- Printable Board Agenda
If you are a visitor for this meeting and wish to address the Board, please fill out the online registration form and send it to Cheryl.email@example.com no later than 8:00 a.m. on July 7, 2021.
1. Consider adoption of the 2022 State Water Plan. (Temple McKinnon) Board Agenda #01 Document
2. Consider approving selection of bond and disclosure counsel and authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and enter into contracts for outside counsel services for the term September 1, 2021 through August 31, 2023. (Alexis Lorick) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider approving a request to increase the TWDB's FY2021 Data Center Consolidation (DCC)capital budget from $1,167,277 to $2,000,000. Direct staff to send a corresponding request to the Legislative Budget Board and the Governor's Office to transfer FY2021 funds that exceed the 25% Capital Budget transfer limit to its existing DCC capital budget appropriation. The transfer would be made from non-capital General Revenue funds. (Chris Hayden) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute an interagency contract with the Texas Facilities Commission regarding minor construction services for Texas Water Development Board assigned properties within the Stephen F. Austin Building in an amount not to exceed $350,000. (Edna Jackson) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute a contract with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in a total amount not to exceed $300,000 using the Texas Strategic Mapping Program funds. (Richard Wade) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute multiple contracts in a total amount not to exceed $1,250,000 through the Texas Strategic Mapping Program. (Richard Wade) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Wharton (Wharton County) for $5,001,157 in financial assistance consisting of $2,601,000 in financing and $2,400,157 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for planning, design, and construction of a drainage improvement project. (Claudia Corsetti) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider amending by resolution the previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 21-049, to extend the expiration period of the existing Flood Infrastructure Fund commitment for the City of Raymondville. (Breann Hunter) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Panhandle Groundwater Conservation District (Carson, Gray, Donley, Roberts, Armstrong, Potter, Hutchinson, and Wheeler counties) for $1,000,000 in financial assistance consisting of financing from the Agricultural Water Conservation Loan Program to provide loans to area farmers to purchase irrigation systems and related equipment. (Jesse Milonovich) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Approve by resolution a request from the Evadale Water Control and Improvement District No. 1 (Jasper County) for $300,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of water system improvements. (Henry Foust) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Consider amending by resolution the previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 17-058, to modify the San Jacinto River Authority's Clean Water State Revolving Fund project scope. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. Approve by resolution a request from the Green Valley Special Utility District (Guadalupe County) for $15,725,000 in financing from the Texas Water Development Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of wastewater system improvements. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #12 Document
13. Approve by resolution a request from the Green Valley Special Utility District, (Guadalupe County), for $19,540,000 in financing from the Texas Water Development Fund for planning, design, and construction of water and wastewater system improvements. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #13 Document
14. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
15. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board's funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be July 22, 2021. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
This Board Meeting will be held both in person at the Stephen F. Austin Building, Room 170, and via webinar under the Governor's Covid-19 disaster declaration.