Board Meeting Agendas
- April 08, 2021 at 9:30 AM
- GoTo Webinar
- Printable Board Agenda
If you are a visitor for this meeting and wish to address the Board, please fill out the online registration form and send it to Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8:00 a.m. on April 8, 2021.
1. Consider authorizing publication of the Draft 2022 State Water Plan for public comment and posting notice of public hearing, public comment period, and intent to adopt the 2022 State Water Plan. (Temple McKinnon) Board Agenda #01 Document
2. Consider approving the 2021 State Water Implementation Fund for Texas (SWIFT) program prioritization list, amount of funds available by category, and terms of subsidy. (Alyssa Azari) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Approve by resolution a request from the Willacy County Drainage District No. 2 (Willacy County) for $438,473 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of a drainage improvement and a detention pond project. (Shubham Aggarwal) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Pharr (Hidalgo County) for $4,510,000 in financial assistance consisting of $3,157,000 in financing and $1,353,000 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of a drainage improvements project. (Claudia Corsetti) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Approve by resolution an amendment to Texas Water Development Board Resolution 20-107 for the City of Seagraves (Gaines County) to revise special condition No. 28. (Jesse Milonovich) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Bowie (Montague County) for $9,775,000 in financing from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a wastewater system improvements project. (Tom Barnett) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
8. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board's funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be April 22, 2021. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.