Board Meeting Agendas
If you are a visitor for this meeting and wish to address the Board, please fill out the online registration form and send it to Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8:00 a.m. on February 10, 2021.
1. Consider (a) the selection and approval of a financial advisor to serve the Texas Water Development Board; and (b) authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and enter into a contract with the financial advisor. (Georgia Sanchez) Board Agenda #01 Document
2. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, and Development Fund Manager to take all necessary actions for the issuance, sale and delivery of Texas Water Development Board State Revolving Fund Revenue Bonds in one or more series; and approving the selection of financial advisor, bond counsel, disclosure counsel, senior managing underwriter, and co-managing underwriters for the negotiation of the bond issue. (Georgia Sanchez) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider authorizing publication of the proposed amendments to 31 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 355 relating to Regional Water Planning Grants and 31 TAC Chapter 357.21 relating to Regional Water Planning Notice and Public Participation. (Sarah Backhouse) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Staff seeks guidance on legislative and policy recommendations to be considered for inclusion in the Draft 2022 State Water Plan. (Temple McKinnon) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Bandera (Bandera County) for $8,233,288 in financial assistance consisting of $4,528,000 in financing and $3,705,288 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for planning, design, and construction of a drainage improvements project. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Cotulla (La Salle County) for $149,500 in financial assistance consisting of $142,000 in financing and $7,500 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for a flood planning study and mapping project. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Primera (Cameron County) for $300,000 in financial assistance consisting of $213,000 in financing and $87,000 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for planning of a drainage project. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Approve by resolution a request from the Town of Pecos City (Reeves County) for $51,360,000 in multi-year financing from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a wastewater treatment plant improvements project. (Jesse Milonovich) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Greater Texoma Utility Authority on behalf of the City of Van Alstyne (Grayson County and Collin County) for $4,000,000 in financing from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design and construction of an elevated storage tank and water system improvements. (Joe Koen) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Approve by resolution a request from the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority (Comal and Guadalupe Counties) for $80,000,000 in financing from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design and construction of two dams. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Consider approving a request from the South Newton Water Supply Corporation (Newton and Orange Counties) for financial assistance in the amount of $6,365,000 from the Texas Water Development Fund to refund outstanding debt; a request for interest forgiveness in the amount of $338,347.50; and authorization for the Executive Administrator to negotiate, approve, and execute any necessary documents to effectuate the requests. (Amanda Lavin) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
13. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board’s funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be February 25, 2021. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Lauren Munguia at (512) 463-2322 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "roperty" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.