Board Meeting Agendas
- May 21, 2020 at 9:30 AM
- GoTo Webinar (https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1283877044718895887)
- View Board Meeting Video | Printable Board Agenda
To view/listen to the Board Meeting on Thursday, May 21, 2020, please use GotoWebinar. If you are a visitor for this meeting and wish to address the Board, please fill out the online registration form and send it to Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8:00 a.m. on May 21, 2020.
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider approving material changes to contracts for goods and services executed during the second quarter of fiscal year 2020; and the contract and performance report for the second quarter of fiscal year 2020. (Angela Wallace) Board Agenda #02 Document
3.Consider adopting and authorizing publication of amendments and repeals to 31 Texas Administrative Code Chapters 371 and 375 related to financial assistance from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund and Clean Water State Revolving Fund. (Mark Wyatt) Board Agenda #03 Document
4.Consider adopting and authorizing publication of 31 Texas Administrative Code Chapters 361 and 362 relating to Regional and State Flood Planning to implement Senate Bill 8.(Reem Zoun) Board Agenda #04 Document
5.Consider approving by resolution a request to amend TWDB Resolution No. 15-065 for the City of Anton (Hockley County) to include water system improvements. (Jeff Taylor) Board Agenda #05 Document
6.Consider approving by resolution a request from the Sandy Land Underground Water Conservation District (Yoakum County) for a $725,000 loan from the Agricultural Water Conservation Loan Program to provide financing for an agricultural water conservation equipment loan program. (Jeff Taylor) Board Agenda #06 Document
7.Consider approving by resolution a request from Westwood Shores Municipal Utility District (Trinity County) for $1,400,000 in financial assistance from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a water system improvement project. (Jeff Taylor) Board Agenda #07 Document
8.Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Aledo (Parker County) for$4,230,000 in financing from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, acquisition and construction of a new interceptor system and lift station expansion. (Joe Koen) Board Agenda #08 Document
9.Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Bertram (Burnet County) for$4,750,000 in financing from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design and construction of wastewater system improvements. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #09 Document
10.Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of San Antonio, acting by and through the San Antonio Water System (Bexar County) for $11,805,000 in financing from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for construction of water system improvements. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Rio Grande City (Starr County) for $7,495,615 in financial assistance consisting of $5,410,000 in financing and $2,085,615 in principal forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a wastewater system improvements project. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
13. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board’s funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be June 4, 2020. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.