Board Meeting Agendas
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider approving material changes to contracts for goods and services executed during the first quarter of fiscal year 2019; and the contract and performance report for the first quarter of fiscal year 2019. (David Carter) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute contracts for Fiscal Year 2019 agricultural water conservation grants. (Cameron Turner) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Dripping Springs (Hays County) for $44,395,000 in financial assistance consisting of $43,395,000 in financing and $1,000,000 in principal forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design and construction of wastewater system improvements. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider approving by resolution a request from Palo Pinto Water Supply Corporation (Palo Pinto County) for $1,630,593 in financial assistance, consisting of $615,000 in zero interest financing and $1,015,593 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a water system improvements project. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving by resolution a request from Presidio County, acting on behalf of the Candelaria Water Supply Corporation, for $300,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for: a) planning, design, and construction of an arsenic removal project; and b) for a waiver from the requirement to include funds to mitigate water loss as a part of this project. (Lee Huntoon) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Upper Jasper County Water Authority (Jasper County) for $3,355,000 in financial assistance from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a water system improvements project. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
9. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the
State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be April 23, 2019. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, “property” means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 8:00 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 8:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.