Board Meeting Agendas
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute a contract amendment to increase the limit on total payments for services and expenses to Hilltop Securities Inc., formerly known as First Southwest, a Division of Hilltop Securities, by $975,000. (Georgia Sanchez) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, and Development Fund Manager to take all necessary actions for the issuance, sale and delivery of State of Texas Water Financial Assistance Refunding Bonds and State of Texas Water Financial Assistance Bonds in one or more series; and approving the selection of financial advisor, bond counsel, disclosure counsel, senior managing underwriter, and co-managing underwriters for the negotiation of the bond issue. (Georgia Sanchez)
4. Consider approving material changes to contracts for goods and services executed during the second quarter of fiscal year 2018; and the contract and performance report for the second quarter of fiscal year 2018. (David Carter) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Eastland (Eastland County) for $1,227,000 in financial assistance consisting of $695,000 in financing and $532,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of water system improvements. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Johnson County Special Utility District (Johnson County) for $22,000,000 in financing from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of a meter replacement and water system improvements project. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider approving by resolution a request from New Ulm Water Supply Corporation (Austin and Colorado Counties) for $97,060 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for purchase of water meters. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider amending by resolution the previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolution Nos. 15-079 and 17-082 to delegate to the Executive Administrator the authority to approve future movement of funds among the West Harris County Regional Water Authority’s State Water Implementation Revenue Fund for Texas project numbers 51003, 51022, and 51023. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute contracts as approved and directed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency in a total amount not to exceed $27,743,911 for sub grants from Flood Mitigation Assistance upon notification of award. (Kathy Hopkins) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Briefing and discussion on water conditions in the state of Texas. (Dr. Mark Wentzel)
11. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code §2001.061.
The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, and/or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be June 11, 2018. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 9:00 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.