Texas Innovative Water 2010 Advancing the Development of New Water Supplies in Texas
The Texas Water Development Board presented Water Reuse, Aquifer Storage and Recovery, Desalination, and Stormwater Harvesting on October 11-12, 2010 at Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 200 East Market Street, San Antonio, Texas 78205
- The State of Brackish Groundwater Desalination in Texas - Jorge Arroyo, Texas Water Development Board
- What has SAWS learned about concentrate disposal options for inland facilities in Texas? - Kevin Morrison, San Antonio Water System
- What are the data gaps for developing brackish groundwater desalination resources in Texas? - Bill Hutchison, Texas Water Development Board
- What are efficient methods to reduce the energy requirements of brackish groundwater desalination? - John MacHarg, ADC
- The State of Seawater Desalination in Texas - Jorge Arroyo, Texas Water Development Board
- How much does seawater desalination cost? - Nikolay Voutchkov, Water Globe Consulting
- What can Texas learn from successes elsewhere in developing seawater desalination supplies? - Tom Pankratz, Global Water Intelligence
- What is the benefit to the state from implementing the Brownsville Seawater Desalination Demonstration project? - Genoveva Gomez, Brownsville Public Utilities Board
- How critical is it for the state to develop seawater desalination supplies? - W.E. "Bill" West, Jr., Guadalupe Blanco River Authority
- The State of Aquifer Storage Recovery in Texas - Fred Blumberg, Malcolm Pirnie, Inc.
- Legal and Institutional Issues Affecting Aquifer Storage Recovery in Texas - Ed McCarthy, Attorney
- SAWS Aquifer Storage Recovery Program - Robert Macías, San Antonio Water System
- Las Vegas Aquifer Storage Recovery Program - Tom Morris, ASR Systems
- The State of Utah's Aquifer Storage Recovery Experience - Mike Suflita, Utah Department of Natural Resources
- Equus Beds ASR Projects Wichita, Kansas - Cortney C. Brand, R. W. Beck, Inc.
- City of Kerrville ASR Project - James Dwyer, CH2MHill
- Introduction and History of Water Reuse in Texas - Alan Plummer, Alan Plummer and Associates, Inc.
- Evaluating the economic feasibility and sustainability implications of water reuse projects - Robert S. Raucher, Stratus Consulting
- OCWD Groundwater Replenishment System - Mike Markus, Orange County Water District
- Introduction and overview of potable reuse projects already implemented - Ellen McDonald, Alan Plummer and Associates, Inc.
- What is appropriate balance between conventional treatment and environmental buffers? - Betty Jordan, Alan Plummer and Associates, Inc.
- What is in the water and what are the risks? - Dr. Bryan W. Brooks, Baylor University
- Direct potable reuse- has its time come? - Margie Nellor, Nellor Environmental Associates, Inc.
- Can we conquer the "yuck factor"? - Sara Katz, Sara Katz & Associates
- Stormwater Harvesting - Ellen McDonald, Alan Plummer and Associates, Inc.
- Legal and Regulatory Issues - Brad Castleberry, Lloyd Gosselink P.C.
- The San Gabriel River Basin Case Study - William Steele, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation