Interregional Planning Council
The Interregional Planning Council (Council) was appointed by the TWDB Board on January 16, 2020.
The purposes of the Council are to 1) improve coordination among the RWPGs, and between the RWPGs and the TWDB in meeting goals of the state water planning process; 2) facilitate dialogue regarding regional water management strategies; and 3) share operational best practices of the regional water planning process.
June 10, 2020 Meeting Materials
HOW TO ACCESS MEETING:
Members of the public will need to establish a Zoom account and may join the meeting through the following web link:https://utexas.zoom.us/j/93176814175
Members of the public may join the meeting telephonically by dialing any one of the following numbers:
- (346) 248-7799
- (669) 900-6833
- (253) 215-8782
- (301) 715-8592
- (312) 626-6799
- (929) 205-6099
If you cannot get through on one of the numbers due to network congestion or if the audio quality is poor, please try the next number.
When your call is answered you will hear "Welcome to Zoom, enter your Meeting ID followed by pound." Enter the following meeting ID: 931 7681 4175#
If you want to provide public comment to the Council, please fill out the online registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 p.m. on June 10th. You will have an opportunity to do so under agenda items number 1 and 7 through the ZOOM application. All members of the public will be muted until their time to speak. During the meeting, those participating by phone may indicate they want to provide comment by pressing *9.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Melinda Smith at email@example.com or at (512) 463-6478 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made. This meeting will also be recorded.
Additional information may be obtained from: Temple McKinnon at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (512) 475-2057.
May 28, 2020 Meeting Materials
Video recording of the 5/28/2020 meeting.
April 29, 2020 Meeting Materials
Video recording of the 4/29/2020 meeting.
Council Working Documents
Enhancing Interregional Coordination
- Recommended strategies in the 2020 Initially Prepared Plans (IPPs) serving multiple regions
- Interactive map of draft WUG needs and surpluses for development of the 2020 IPPs
- 2021 Regional Water Plan Technical Memorandums
- Liaison practices from RWPG Best Management Practices Guide Section 3.1
- Liaison membership requirement in 31 TAC 357.11(e)(3)
Dealing with Interregional Conflict
- Regional Water Planning in Texas: Interregional Conflicts
- Region C and Region D 2011 Plan Interregional Conflict
- Region C and Region D 2016 Plan Interregional Conflict
Planning Water Resources for the State as a Whole
- Past State Water Plans
- Trans-Texas Water Program Reports
- Other regional water planning related research
- 5-28-20 Steve Walthour email on interstate development of water resources
General Best Practices for Future Planning
- Best Management Practices Guide for Regional Water Planning Group Political Subdivisions
- Uniform Standards Stakeholder Committee latest work product - 2018
- Current rules and planning guidance excerpts related to WMS evaluation and requirements for information to be included in the regional water plans:31 TAC § 357.34 and Exhibit C, Section 5.2
- November 17, 2016 Board work session with RWPGs on Structure and Operation of RWPGs. A recording of this meeting is available on the Texas Admin Viewer.
- October 04, 2017 Board work session with RWPGs regarding implementing RWPG legislation from the 85th Legislative Session. A recording of this meeting is available on the Texas Admin Viewer.