Texas Water Development Board Policies
Privacy and Security Policy
The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) web site is operated for authorized use only and is provided as a public service. This policy describes TWDB’s privacy and security practices regarding information collected from visitors to the site, including what information is collected and how that information is used.
Regardless of the information being transmitted to TWDB, we will protect all such information consistent with applicable law. The privacy of our customers and the security of this site are of utmost importance to TWDB. This policy applies to all pages beginning with:
- Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) (www.twdb.texas.gov)
- Water Data Interactive (WDI)
- Texas Natural Resources Information System (TNRIS) (www.tnris.org)
- Save Texas Water (www.savetexaswater.org)
- Water IQ (www.wateriq.org)
- Texas Water Infrastructure Coordination Committee (TWICC) (www.twicc.org)
- Water Exploration (www.waterexploration.org)
- Texas Flood, Information and Resources about flooding
- Texas State Water Plan, Interactive website that show the 2012 and 2017 Water Plans
- Water Data for Texas
This policy does not apply whenever visitors leave the TWDB domains and follow a link to another site, including the sites of other state agencies and local governments.
Notice of Monitored Use
This website is monitored to ensure proper operation, to verify the function of applicable security features and for similar purposes. Unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information on this site, or otherwise cause damage are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under Texas Penal Code Chapters 33 (Computer Crimes) or 33A (Telecommunications Crimes).
If you visit a TWDB site . . .
- To read or download information: We may collect and store the number of visitors to the site for statistical purposes. We may count the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, for example, to help us make them more useful to visitors. This information is also gathered for anonymous File Transfer Protocol (ftp), remote account login, or for other comparable connections.
- To send us e-mail: By sending us an e-mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or filling out a form that e-mails us this information, we will only use the personally identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another government agency or person who is in a better position to answer your question. We will not release your e-mail address to the public unless you consent to such information.
- To register: Information which may be collected at this site through questionnaires, feedback forms, or other means, enables us to determine a visitor’s interests, with the goal of providing better customer service.
- To submit a web-based form: When a user provides personal information to TWDB through a survey or purchase form, for example, the TWDB (or a third party engaged by TWDB) collects the information for processing the request. TWDB may also use this information in aggregate form to get a better general understanding of the type of individuals using online services. Unless specifically disclosed, the personally identifiable information is not linked by TWDB (or any third party) to any other personal information collected by any state agency, however, any information submitted through a web-based form may be subject to interception.
An individual who submits information in electronic format through this web site is entitled, on request, to receive and review the information that the TWDB collects about the individual, and to have TWDB correct the information. To make a request, please contact the following person:
Public Information Officer
Telephone: (512) 463-8165
Info Desk: (512) 463-7847
Release of Information
All information collected or maintained by TWDB is subject to the provisions of the Texas Public Information Act (Chapter 552, Texas Government Code). The identity of most members of the public who communicate with state agencies through the Internet is confidential under Texas law. Exceptions to confidentiality may be reviewed at Texas Government code, Section 552.137.
This web site provides links to other web sites, both public and private, for informational purposes. TWDB makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, or suitability for any purpose of the information provided via this web site. TWDB specifically disclaims any and all liability and responsibility for any claims or damage that may arise as a result of TWDB providing the web site or the information it contains, or that may arise in any way with respect to any web sites maintained by third parties and linked to the TWDB site.
TWDB makes no effort to independently verify, and does not exert editorial control over, information on pages outside these domains
- Water Data Interactive (WDI)
TWDB advises site visitors to read the privacy policies of any third-party sites accessed through this site.
TWDB does not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced in this web site. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational purposes only.
The Texas Water Development Board freely grants permission to copy and distribute its materials. The agency would appreciate acknowledgment.
The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) is committed to making our website equally accessible for all visitors. This website was designed, developed, and maintained to comply with applicable accessibility laws including Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Section 206.50 and TAC Section 213 as well as the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA standard including the U.S. Section 508 guidelines.
We strive to maintain our web content and online applications at appropriate accessibility levels.
This website may be viewed in different languages through your web browser's language settings on different browsers. Translation is provided for purposes of information and convenience only.
If you have difficulty accessing any material on our website, or if you are unable to access any materials on this website due to a language barrier, the TWDB may be able to provide additional assistance in serving your requested needs. Please contact us at the email address or phone number listed below and we will respond as soon as possible and make every reasonable attempt to correct the problem or work to provide the information in an alternative format.
Phone: (512) 463-7847