Board Meeting Agendas
- February 09, 2023 at 9:30 AM
- Go To Webinar or 1700 Congress Ave., Stephen F. Austin Building, Room 170, Austin, Texas
- Printable Board Agenda | View Press Releases
Due to the winter storm, Board meeting scheduled on 2/2 originally has been postponed to 2/9.
Visitors who wish to address the Board should complete a visitor registration card and either attend the meeting in person or arrange to address the Board via videoconference. The Texas Open Meetings Act prohibits visitor participation by telephone only. The visitor registration card is available and should be completed and submitted by e-mail to Customer_Service@twdb.texas.gov no later than 8:00 a.m. on February 9, 2023, or in person at the registration desk.
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to exercise the option to renew the existing contract with Hilltop Securities Inc. for a one-year term beginning March 1, 2023, at a cost of $980,000, and authorizing up to two additional one-year renewal options per the contract terms, for a total contract amount not to exceed $4.9 million. (David Duran) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel and Development Fund Manager to take all necessary actions for the issuance, sale, and delivery of State of Texas Water Financial Assistance and Refunding Bonds, in one or more series; and approving the selection of financial advisor, bond counsel, disclosure counsel, senior managing underwriter, and co-managing underwriters for the negotiation of the bonds. (David Duran) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. No action requested. This is a briefing item regarding material changes to contracts for goods and services executed during the first quarter of fiscal year 2023, and the contract and performance report for the first quarter of fiscal year 2023. (Cameron Turner) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider adopting and authorizing the publication of amendments to 31 Texas Administrative Code §358.6 relating to water loss audits. (John Sutton) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider adopting and authorizing publication of additions and amendments to 31 Texas Administrative Code Chapters 363, 371, and 375 relating to the use of alternative project delivery methods for construction projects financed by the Texas Water Development Board. (Joe Reynolds) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Greater Texoma Utility Authority approving amendments to outstanding bonds purchased by the Texas Water Development Board and delegating authority to the Executive Administrator and his staff to take any actions necessary to facilitate the request. (Alexis Lorick) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Approve by resolution a request from the Tri-Try Water Supply Corporation (Stonewall County) for $300,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a water system improvements project. (Tom Barnett) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Leonard (Fannin County) for $5,696,000 in financial assistance consisting of $2,850,000 in financing and $2,846,000 in principal forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of wastewater system improvements project. (Joe Koen) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Pasadena (Harris County) for $10,999,860 in financial assistance consisting of $10,450,000 in financing and $549,860 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of a flood improvement project. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Consider amending by resolution, previously adopted Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) Resolution No. 21-017, as amended by TWDB Resolution No. 22-011, to modify the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority's Clean Water State Revolving Fund commitment to extend the commitment period. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
13. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board's funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be March 9, 2023. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) workdays prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.