Region I Planning Group
The East Texas Regional Water Planning Area is composed of all or parts of 20 counties, stretching from the Golden Triangle of Beaumont, Port Arthur, and Orange in the south to Tyler in the north and from the Texas-Louisiana border in the east to the Trinity River Basin boundary in the west. The largest cities include Beaumont, Tyler, Lufkin, and Nacogdoches. The major economic sectors are petrochemical, timber, and agriculture. The principal surface water sources are the Sabine and Neches rivers and their tributaries.
Region I Counties
Meeting Minutes & Updates
Meeting Minutes: Visit the "Meeting Minutes" link on Region I's External Website for official planning group meeting minutes.
Next Meeting: Please see the Upcoming Regional Water Planning Group Meetings webpage for information on the next Region I meeting.
Region I Bylaws
Region I Water Plans
Region I Related Links
- East Texas Water Planning Group External Website
- East Texas Regional Water Planning Area Map
- Planning Group Members & Contacts
- Angelina-Neches River Authority
- Deep East Texas Council of Governments
- Lower Neches Valley Authority
- Sabine River Authority
- Groundwater Management Areas - GMAs 11 and 14 overlap Region I
- Pineywoods Groundwater Conservation District (GCD)
- Rusk County GCD
- Southeast Texas GCD