Region E Planning Group
Stretching from the city of El Paso at the Texas-New Mexico state line over salt flats and southeastward toward the sparsely populated mountainous Big Bend country and the Pecos River, the Far West Texas Planning Area includes seven counties that lie within the Rio Grande Basin. The largest economic sectors in the region are agriculture, agribusiness, manufacturing, tourism, wholesale and retail trade, government, and military. About 96 percent of the region's residents reside in El Paso County, where the population density is 760 persons per square mile. The other six counties have a density of 1.1 persons per square mile.
Region E Counties
Meeting Minutes & Updates
Last Meeting: The most recent Far West Texas (Region E) Regional Water Planning Group (RWPG) regular meeting was held on November 16, 2017 at the El Paso County Water Improvement District #1 headquarters in Clint, TX.
Meeting Minutes: Visit the "Meetings" link on Region E's External Website for official planning group meeting minutes.
Next Meeting: The next Far West Texas (Region E) RWPG regular meeting will be held on Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 1:30 pm (CST) at Marfa City Hall (Casner Room), 113 S. Highland Ave, Marfa, TX.
Region E Bylaws
Region E Water Plans
Region E Related Links
- Far West Texas Regional Water Planning Area Map
- Planning Group Members & Contacts
- Far West Texas Water Planning Group External Website
- Rio Grande Council of Governments
- Rio Grande Watermaster Program
- Rio Grande Compact Commission
- International Boundary & Water Commission (IBWC)
- Groundwater Management Areas - GMAs 4, 5, and 7 overlap Region E