Region D Planning Group
The North East Texas Regional Water Planning Area encompasses all or parts of 19 counties. Largely rural and characterized by numerous,small communities and some medium-sized municipalities, the region includes the cities of Longview, Texarkana, and Greenville. The planning area overlaps large portions of the Red, Sulphur, Cypress, and Sabine river basins and smaller parts of the Trinity and Neches river basins. The North East Texas Region's main economic base is agribusiness, including a variety of crops, as well as cattle and poultry production. Timber, oil and gas, and mining are significant industries in the eastern portion of the region. In the western portion of the region, many residents are employed in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area.
Region D Counties
Meeting Minutes & Updates
Last Meeting: The most recent North East Texas (Region D) Regional Water Planning Group (RWPG) regular meeting was held on Thursday, October 9, 2019 in Pittsburgh.
Meeting Minutes: Please contact Region D's Political Subdivision for official planning group meeting minutes.
Next Meeting: A North East Texas (Region D) RWPG regular meeting has been scheduled for 1:00pm Thursday, January 23, 2020, at the Region 8 Education Service Center, 4845 US Hwy. 271 N., Pittsburg, TX 75686.
Region D Bylaws
Region D Water Plans
Region D Related Links
- North East Texas Regional Water Planning Area Map
- Planning Group Members & Contacts
- Region D Water Planning Group External Website
- Red River Authority of Texas
- Northeast Texas Municipal Water District
- Sabine River Authority
- Sabine River Compact Commission
- Groundwater Management Areas - GMAs 8 and 11 overlap Region D
- Study Commission on Region C Water Supply
- Region C and Region D 2011 Plan Interregional Conflict, Timeline and Resolution
- Region C and Region D 2016 Plan Interregional Conflict, Timeline and Resolution