Region D Planning Group
The North East Texas Regional Water Planning Area encompasses all or parts of 19 counties. Largely rural and characterized by numerous,small communities and some medium-sized municipalities, the region includes the cities of Longview, Texarkana, and Greenville. The planning area overlaps large portions of the Red, Sulphur, Cypress, and Sabine river basins and smaller parts of the Trinity and Neches river basins. The North East Texas Region's main economic base is agribusiness, including a variety of crops, as well as cattle and poultry production. Timber, oil and gas, and mining are significant industries in the eastern portion of the region. In the western portion of the region, many residents are employed in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area.
Region D Counties
Meeting Minutes & Updates
Meeting Minutes: Visit the "Relevant Documents" link on Region D's External Website for official planning group meeting minutes.
Next Meeting: Please see the Upcoming Regional Water Planning Group Meetings webpage for information on the next Region D meeting.
Region D Bylaws
Region D Water Plans
Region D Related Links
- Region D Water Planning Group External Website
- North East Texas Regional Water Planning Area Map
- Planning Group Members & Contacts
- Red River Authority of Texas
- Northeast Texas Municipal Water District
- Sabine River Authority
- Sabine River Compact Commission
- Groundwater Management Areas - GMAs 8 and 11 overlap Region D
- Study Commission on Region C Water Supply
- Region C and Region D 2011 Plan Interregional Conflict, Timeline and Resolution
- Region C and Region D 2016 Plan Interregional Conflict, Timeline and Resolution