Region H Planning Group
Composed of all or parts of 15 counties, Region H includes portions of the Trinity, San Jacinto, and Brazos river basins. The Houston metropolitan area is located within this region. The largest economic sector in Region H is the petrochemical industry, which accounts for two-thirds of the petrochemical production in the United States. Other major economic sectors in the region include medical services, tourism, banking, construction, transportation, government, agriculture, and fisheries.
For a detailed map of Region H, please visit the Texas Natural Resources Information System (TNRIS) Regional Water Planning Area Map Collection.
Region H RWPG External Website
Region H Counties
- Fort Bend
- Polk (partial)
- San Jacinto
- Trinity (partial)
Meeting Minutes & Updates
Meeting Minutes: Visit the "Meetings/Main Page" link on Region H's External Website for official planning group meeting minutes.
Next Meeting: Please see the Upcoming Regional Water Planning Group Meetings webpage for information on the next Region H meeting.
Region H Bylaws
Region H Water Plans
Region H Related Links
- Brazos River Authority
- City of Houston
- Harris Galveston & Fort Bend Subsidence Districts
- Trinity River Authority
- North Harris County Regional Water Authority
- West Harris County Regional Water Authority
- Houston-Galveston Area Council
- Galveston Bay Status and Trends
- TCEQ's Galveston Bay Estuary Program
- Galveston Bay Freshwater Inflows Group
- Groundwater Management Areas - GMAs 11, 12, and 14 overlap Region H
TWDB Contacts for Region H
For regional water planning assistance, please contact Heather Rose, Region H Planner.
For regional water project development assistance, please contact Nancy Richards, Team 4 Manager.