How to Apply for Work at the Texas Water Development Board
An official State of Texas Employment Application is required when applying for a position with the Texas Water Development Board. Resumes will not be accepted in place of an official State of Texas Employment Application. However, a cover letter and resume may be submitted with an official State of Texas Application.
All State of Texas Applications must be submitted to TWDB Human Resources in Austin at the address below via mail, hand delivery, fax to (512) 463-7644, via email at HR@twdb.texas.gov or via Work in Texas. For any questions or concerns, please contact Human Resources by phone at (512) 475-2142 or via email: HR@twdb.texas.gov.
Texas Water Development Board - Human Resources Division
1700 North Congress, Suite #670
Austin, Texas 78701
P.O. Box 13231
Austin, Texas 78711-3231
The State of Texas Application for Employment
The State of Texas Uniform Application for Employment and instructions for completing the application are available for download in Word and PDF format through the Texas Workforce Commission website. PDF files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you need additional space to adequately describe your employment history, please use an employment history continuation sheet and attach it with your completed State of Texas application.
To be accepted and considered for a position, ALL applications must be received in TWDB Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date of the posting. Applications must indicate in the space provided a valid, open TWDB job posting number.
TWDB participates in E-Verify! Information from each new employee's Form I-9 will be provided to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to confirm work authorization.
- Complete an application ONLY if you are applying for a specific job vacancy. You must submit a separate application for each job posting for which you are applying. Photocopies of applications will be accepted if they include an original signature and the appropriate job title and posting number for each vacancy.
- Supporting documentation, if required for a position, such as a writing sample, list of references, copy of a certificate, transcript, or test scores, must be included with the application. A writing sample is any document that best demonstrates your writing skills.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be forwarded to the hiring division.
- Your application should clearly describe how you meet the minimum requirements (education, experience, and knowledge, skills and abilities) for the position.
- Applicants may be required to provide college transcripts, licenses, certifications, or other credentials. Photocopies will be accepted.
- Foreign credentials may be required to be evaluated by an acceptable foreign credential evaluation service. To be acceptable to the TWDB, foreign evaluation services must either be a member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services - www.naces.org) or acceptable to the Texas State Board for Educator Certification.
- TWDB will now accept applications via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Texas Water Development Board is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. The TWDB is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you need any special accommodations during the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Division for assistance at 512/475-2142.
Hearing impaired applicants may contact our office via Relay Texas at 1-800-735-2989 (TTY/TDD).
Selective Service Registration
Selective Service Registration: Males born on or after January 1, 1960, between the ages of 18-25, will be required to present proof of Selective Service registration on the first day of employment or proof of exemption from Selective Service registration requirement. Online registration and proof of registration is available on the Selective Service System.