Second Annual #TXwindmills and #TXwatertowers Virtual Road Trip
The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB), Texas Historical Commission (THC), and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) are taking a summer road trip—and everyone is invited.
We'll be on the lookout for two iconic and important Texas water symbols that help define the story of Texas water: windmills and water towers. Windmills helped populate our great state by making water available in areas not supported by rivers and springs. They remind us that the water beneath our feet continues to sustain vast swaths of the state now and in the future. Water towers often depict local civic pride and give us a window into the heart of a community. They remind us that our water supply is finite and must be used responsibly.
Join us by posting your own photos of #TXwindmills and #TXwatertowers to Instagram. We'll be sharing photos and information throughout the month of July and featuring submitted photos, too.
Where will our virtual road trip take us? Hopefully all over Texas! Participate for the chance to win cool souvenirs (aka prizes); we'll be holding a random drawing at the end of the campaign.
- Follow @txwaterdevboard, @txhistcomm, and @texasparkswildlife on Instagram
- Post your photos of #TXwindmills and #TXwatertowers (make sure your profile is public!)
- Mention the location and tag us
The virtual tour will run from July 1 to July 31, 2017. A total of five participants will be selected at random by the TWDB, THC, and TPWD after the campaign ends to receive a swag bag. Prizes may include TWDB, THC, and TPWD swag and/or other items determined by the host organizations. Winners will be notified and announced the week of August 1 via Instagram.
Participants may only be entered once into the prize drawing.
Show us that you're #TXwaterproud!
Rules and conditions of campaign
- This is not a contest, simply an invitation to share your Texas water tower or windmill photos with others.
- Tag your photo with the location, time it was taken (month/year, if available) and any appropriate key words (such as #TXwatertowers and #TXwindmills).
- All photographs must be your own work. Previously published photographs for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be submitted as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license.
- You must have the consent of each person whose faces are recognizable in the image. Upon request, you may be required to provide a consent form for each individual in the photograph. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with all applicable intellectual property rights.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
- Photographs must not contain nudity, violent or offensive material, or trademarked or copyrighted images.
- Any images captured by a drone must be in compliance with applicable law, including Texas Government Code Chapter 423.
- The TWDB, THC, and TPWD reserve the right to remove or untag photos for any reason.
- By sharing your photographs, you agree to RELEASE and HOLD HARMLESS the TWDB, the THC, and the TPWD and their employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this photo project, including injuries, loss, or damage arising out of allegations or claims of copyright violation.
- You must review and consent to the terms of service for Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook, depending on which platform you use to share the photograph.
- A random drawing including the names of all participants will be held at the end of the campaign to award non-cash prizes.
Rights to photos
Your photographs will help educate Texans on the critical need for water supplies and the ways in which water is provided and/or stored.
Subject to the terms of service for Instagram and/or Twitter or other social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, you will retain all rights to any photograph you submit—including ownership if applicable. By submitting photos to the informational campaign you grant the TWDB, THC, and TPWD a nonexclusive right and royalty-free license, in perpetuity, to:
- Publish the images for the TWDB's, THC's, and TPWD's purposes in any format, including but not limited to on their websites; other social media accounts; and in the agencies' publications or presentations, such as newsletters, brochures, fundraising appeals, public service announcements, grant proposals, reports, awards, thank-you cards, displays, mailings, and invitations.
- Keep the files provided and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms currently existing or that may be developed in the future, so that your photos can be used to support the agencies' missions and be properly credited.
As conditions of this permission, the TWDB, THC, and TWPD shall credit all photographs with the caption "© Person's Name" when the full name is available or by the participant's username when the participant's full name is unavailable.