The Texas Water Development Board today approved financial assistance totaling $72,813,941. Of this funding, $6,503,941 was designated for rural water projects.
For immediate release. Contact: Kimberly Leggett at 512-463-5129
AUSTIN – (January 29, 2015) – The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) today approved financial assistance for projects that will provide new water supply sources and allow for water system improvements. In addition, three of the projects are urgent needs projects in response to the ongoing drought and the need for additional water supplies. Six of the eight projects approved will benefit rural communities: City of Cameron; City of Weinert; City of Gorman; Val Verde County; the San Pedro Estates Water, Limited Liability Corporation; and the Silver Creek Village Water Supply Corporation.
- $4,488,700 in financial assistance to the City of Cameron (Milam County) for water system improvements
- $110,000 in financial assistance to the City of Weinert (Haskell County) for a water supply project
- $275,960 in financial assistance to the City of Gorman (Eastland County) for water system improvements
- $2,875,000 in financial assistance to the Greater Texoma Utility Authority on behalf of the City of Van Alstyne (Grayson and Colin counties) for a water supply project
- $63,435,000 in financial assistance to the City of Houston (Harris County) for wastewater system improvements
- $942,000 in financial assistance to Val Verde County for a water distribution system
- $240,281 in financial assistance to San Pedro Estates Water, Limited Liability Corporation (Val Verde County) for a new well
- $447,000 in financial assistance to the Silver Creek Village Water Supply Corporation (Burnet County) for water system improvements
The TWDB is the state agency charged with collecting and disseminating water-related data, assisting with regional planning and preparing the state water plan for the development of the state’s water resources. The TWDB administers cost-effective financial assistance programs for the construction of water supply, wastewater treatment, flood control, and agricultural water conservation projects.