My Texas Water Photo Campaign June 1 - 30, 2023
The Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) is partnering with the Texas Water Foundation's statewide water campaign, Texas Runs on Water (TROW), to host the My Texas Water Photo Campaign to inspire Texans to draw a connection to the water that keeps our state running. Together, we're launching a social media photo campaign and want to hear your Texas water story.
We invite all Texans to share photos, reels, stories, or videos on Instagram from past or present experiences that represent their unique ties to Texas water. Maybe it's a fond memory of a trip to the coast, a scenic view of our lakes, rivers, or springs, or a tubing trip with friends. The sky's the limit.
Instagram users are encouraged to post photos, reels, stories, or videos using the hashtag #MyTexasWater. The two agencies will feature related content and information about Texas water on their social media accounts and share submitted photos, reels, stories, or videos throughout the month.
Each photo, reel, story, or video posted will be considered an entry into a random drawing for fun prizes. The campaign begins June 1 and runs through June 30, 2023. Winners will be notified and announced on Instagram on July 7. Please ensure your post/account is not set to private so your submission can be counted.
- Submit your Texas water photo, story, reel, or video on Instagram using the #MyTexasWater hashtag
- Tag and follow the TWDB (@waterfortexas) and TROW (@texasrunsonwater) on Instagram
My Texas Water Social Media Kit
Rules and conditions of campaign
- This is not a contest, simply an invitation to share your Texas water photos
- Use the hashtag #MyTexasWater with all submitted photos, reels, stories, or videos. Please note your account/posts must be on a public-viewing setting for us to view and count your entry.
- Tag both Instagram accounts of the TWDB and TROW (@waterfortexas and @texasrunsonwater).
- Follow both Instagram accounts of the TWDB and TROW (@waterfortexas and @texasrunsonwater).
- All photos, reels, stories, or videos must be your own work. Previously published photographs for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be submitted as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license.
- You must have the consent of each person whose faces are recognizable in the image. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with all applicable intellectual property rights.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the Texas water destination pictured and represent the scene as it appeared.
- Photos, reels, stories, or videos must not contain nudity, violent or offensive material, or trademarked or copyrighted images.
- Any images captured by a drone must be in compliance with applicable law, including Texas Government Code Chapter 423.
- TWDB and TROW reserve the right to remove or untag photos for any reason.
- By sharing your photographs, you agree to RELEASE and HOLD HARMLESS the TWDB and TROW and their employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the My Texas Water photo campaign, including injuries, loss or damage arising out of allegations or claims of copyright violation.
- Instagram is not affiliated with the My Texas Water in any way. Please refer to the Instagram terms of service.
- A random drawing including the names of all participants will be held at the end of the campaign to award prizes.
Rights to photos
Your photographs will represent your personal connection to Texas water.
Subject to the terms of service for Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter or other social media accounts, you will retain all rights to any photos, reels, stories, or videos you submit—including ownership if applicable. By submitting photos, reels, stories, or videos to this informational campaign, you grant the TWDB and TROW a nonexclusive right and royalty-free license, in perpetuity, to:
- Publish the photos, reels, stories, or videos for the TWDB's and TROW purposes in any format, including but not limited to on their websites; other social media accounts; and in the agencies' publications or presentations, such as newsletters, brochures, fundraising appeals, public service announcements, grant proposals, reports, awards, thank-you cards, displays, mailings, and invitations.
- Keep the provided files and archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms currently existing or that may be developed in the future, so that your photos can be used to support the agencies' missions and be properly credited.
As conditions of this permission, the TWDB and TROW will credit all photos, reels, stories, or videos with the caption "@ Person's Name" when the full name is available or by the participant's Instagram username when the participant's full name is unavailable.