Rules and Statutes
The links below provide access to TWDB rules on groundwater management and water planning. We also provide links to some chapters of the Texas Water Code concerning groundwater in Texas.
The rules presented here are provided as a service to TWDB customers and the citizens of the State of Texas. The TWDB is not the repository of the official TWDB Rules. For official copies of TWDB Rules, contact the Texas Register by mail: P.O. Box 12887, Austin, TX 78711-3824, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone: (512) 463-5561.
- Chapter 356 - Groundwater Management
- Chapter 357 - Regional Water Planning Guidelines
- Chapter 358 - State Water Planning Guidelines
- Chapter 359 - Water Banking
- Chapter 360 - Designation of River and Coastal Basin
Texas Water Code
- Chapter 16 - Provisions Generally Applicable to Water Districts
- Chapter 35 - Groundwater Studies
- Chapter 36 - Groundwater Conservation Districts
- Chapter 37 - Occupational Licensing and Registation
- Chapter 49 - Provisions Applicable to All Districts
- Chapter 52 (Repealed) - Underground Water Conservation Districts