SWIFT Abridged Application
The 2016 SWIFT funding cycle is underway. Invited entities have until 5:00 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 to submit complete financial assistance applications. For more information see Financial Assistance Application.
The next funding cycle will begin Winter 2016.
The SWIFT abridged application collects the information necessary for TWDB staff to review and rank projects based on the prioritization system described in 31 TAC §363.1303 and criteria listed in 31 TAC §363.1304. Entities that rank within funding availability are invited to submit full applications for financial assistance.
Two options are available for submitting an abridged application:
Online Loan Application System (select "Start New PIF" and choose SWIFT under "Program Type")
- View the full Online Loan Application System instructions
- Instructions for the Word version are provided below
Entities that receive multi-year funding commitments will be required each year to verify that year’s requested amount. To verify the annual request amount associated with a prior multi-year commitment, contact TWDB staff at SWIFT@twdb.texas.gov for further instructions.
To submit an Abridged Application, you may choose any of the following options:
- Online Loan Application System - Submittal is provided as an option once all fields are complete. The Abridged Application must be submitted before 5:00pm on the due date.
- Word Version Electronic Submittal – Email the completed Abridged Application and applicable attachments to SWIFT@twdb.texas.gov. The file must be received before 5:00pm on the due date.
Word Version Hard Copy Submittal – Send two (2) hard copy Abridged Applications and applicable attachments to the address below. Applications must be received by TWDB no later than 5:00pm on the due date.
Texas Water Development Board
ATTN: SWIFT Abridged Application
P.O. Box 13231
Austin, Texas 78711-3231
To be eligible for assistance through the SWIFT, an Infrastructure Financing Report Survey (IFR) response must be submitted relating to the project. For your convenience, a list of IFR respondents is available.
View the SWIFT Application Timeline to learn more about the application process. Please feel free to contact Tom Entsminger at (512) 936-0802 or send an email to SWIFT@twdb.texas.gov for assistance if you encounter any problems while completing the abridged application.
Abridged Application Instruction (Word Version)
- Name of Entity
- The legal name of the entity applying for financial assistance.
- The county where the entity is located.
- Regional Water Planning Area
- Indicate which regional water planning areas covers the proposed project. Each regional planning area is identified by a letter ranging from A to P.
- Contact Person Name and Title
- The name and title of the person who should be contacted with questions about the abridged application. This is not required to be the applicant's lead official or authorized signatory.
- Mailing Address
- The applicant's mailing address, including full nine-digit zip code.
- Phone Number
- The phone number associated with the Contact Person named above.
- Fax Number
- Fax number associated with the Contact Person named above (if applicable).
- Email Address
- Email address for the contact person named above.
- Name of Project
- The name of the project as it appears in the 2016 Regional Water Plan. TWDB staff should be able to identify your project in the plan by referencing this name.
- Where does the project appear in the 2016 Regional Water Plan?
- The page on which the project is described, as well as the page where its capital costs are listed.
- Please attach a list of all water systems served by the proposed project
- If the project will serve more than one public water system, please attach a list of all systems served. The list should include systems that purchase water from wholesale providers served by the project.
- Phase(s) Applied For
- The phase(s) that will be accomplished with the requested assistance. Any combination of Planning, Acquisition, Design, or Construction may be selected.
- Population Served When Fully Operational
- If the population used here is different from the projection used in the development of the Regional Water Plan, please attach an explanation of your methodology.
- Description of the Proposed Project
- Please be sure this description includes all major project components and clearly states what the project seeks to accomplish. A high level of detail is not necessary at this stage – such information is collected later in the application process – but the description should make clear that the proposed work is the same identified in the regional water plan.
- Select all applicable options to indicate which emergency characteristics are associated with the project or applicant.
- Agricultural Efficiency Project?
- Indicate whether the project will result in an agricultural efficiency improvement. If the answer is "Yes", please indicate the improvement the project will achieve and attach an explanation of your methodology.
- Household Cost Factor Information
- TWDB staff will calculate the Household Cost Factor by dividing the project service area's annual average residential water bill into the area's annual median household income. These figures should represent the entire project service area, including all participants if the project is regional in nature.
- The proposed project addresses Conservation/Water Loss
- Indicate whether the project will address conservation or water loss. This baseline information will allow TWDB staff to conduct further review using existing data.
- Annual Volume of Water Produced/Conserved
- Please be sure to provide your response in acre-feet per year.
- Readiness to Proceed
- Select all applicable options to indicate the project's readiness to move forward after the application is submitted.
- Estimated Project Costs
- The amount requested in each category of assistance, as well as local project funding and assistance from other sources.
- Anticipated Commitments
- Multi-year commitments provide the option to receive a commitment for the entire project amount, but close on portions of it over time. If "Multi-Year Commitment" is selected, please attach your proposed closing schedule, which includes the amount of funding requested per year.
Turns Planning into Projects