Minutes of the Texas Water Resources Finance Authority May 16, 2001
Chairman Jack Hunt called to order the meeting of the Texas Water Resources Finance Authority at 9:08 a.m. in Room 118 in the Stephen F. Austin Building, Austin, Texas. The following Board members were present, constituting a quorum:
- Jack Hunt, Chairman
- Wales H. Madden, Jr., Secretary/Treasurer William B. Madden, Member
- Bill Meadows, Member
- Kathleen White, Member
- Vice Chairman Noe Fernandez was absent
Persons attending were among those present at the Texas Water Development Board meeting of the same date.
The Authority then considered items on the formal agenda in the following order.
1. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF THE Minutes of the OCTOBER 18, 2000 MEETING.
Mr. Meadows moved to approve the minutes as submitted; Mr. Wales Madden seconded the motion; it passed unanimously 5-0.
2. CONSIDER AUTHORIZING STAFF TO PROCEED WITH REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS AND SELECTION PROCESS FOR BOND COUNSEL FOR FY 2002.
General Counsel Suzanne Schwartz explained that the Office of Attorney General has requested that the Board/Authority periodically complete a request for qualifications for selection of bond counsel. The process was last conducted in 1998; five proposals were received in response.
Mr. William Madden moved to approve the request; Mr. Wales Madden seconded the motion; it passed unanimously 5-0.
3. CONSIDER ELECTION OF TWRFA OFFICERS TO SERVE UNTIL THE FEBRUARY, 2003 TWRFA MEETING.
Mr. William Madden moved to elect officers: Jack Hunt as Chairman, Kathleen White as Vice Chairman, and Wales Madden, Jr. as Secretary/Treasurer. Mr. Meadows seconded the motion; it passed unanimously 5-0.
The meeting adjourned at 9:15 a.m.
APPROVED and ordered of record this the 18th day of July, 2001.
Texas Water Resources Finance Authority
Jack Hunt, Chairman
Wales H. Madden, Jr., Secretary/Treasurer