Board Meeting Agendas
- June 09, 2022 at 9:30 AM
- GoTo Webinar; In person at 1700 Congress Ave., Stephen F. Austin Building, Room 170, Austin, Texas
- Printable Board Agenda
Visitors who wish to address the Board should complete a visitor registration card and either attend the meeting in person or arrange to address the Board via videoconference. The Texas Open Meetings Act prohibits visitor participation by telephone only. The visitor registration card is available and should be completed and submitted by e-mail to Customer Service no later than 8:00 a.m. on June 9, 2022, or in person at the registration desk.
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel, and Development Fund Manager to initiate the SWIRFT bond sale; and approving the selection of financial advisor, bond counsel, disclosure counsel, and senior and co-managing underwriters for the 2022 SWIRFT bond sale. (Georgia Sanchez) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute multiple contracts in a total amount not to exceed $500,000 for lidar data classification in Texas, using the Strategic Mapping Program and their associated contracts at the Texas Department of Information Resources. (Joey Thomas) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider adopting the amended State Fiscal Year 2022 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Intended Use Plan and authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute an amendment to the State Fiscal Year 2022 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Set-Aside Contract between the Texas Water Development Board and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. (Mark Wyatt) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Briefing and discussion on the status of the Asset Management Program for Small Systems. (Patrick Kading) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Sugar Land (Fort Bend County) for $27,500,000 in financing from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for the planning, design, and construction of a flood mitigation project. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Amend by resolution previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 21-120, to modify the City of Dilley's Clean Water State Revolving Fund commitment to extend the commitment period. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Los Fresnos (Cameron County) for $1,703,704 in financial assistance consisting of $860,000 in financing and $843,704 in principal forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of a stormwater drainage improvements project. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Approve by resolution a request from the Lumberton Municipal Utility District (Hardin County) for $44,000,000 in financing from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for construction of a wastewater treatment plant. (Bill Blaik) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
11. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board's funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be July 7, 2022. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) workdays prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.