Board Meeting Agendas
Visitors who wish to address the Board should complete a visitor registration card and either attend the meeting in person or arrange to address the Board via videoconference. The Texas Open Meetings Act prohibits visitor participation by telephone only. The visitor registration card is available and should be completed and submitted by e-mail to Customer Service no later than 8:00 a.m. on April 11, 2022, or in person at the registration desk.
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel and Development Fund Manager to take all necessary actions for the issuance, sale, and delivery of State of Texas Water Financial Assistance Bonds, in one or more series; and approving the selection of financial advisor, bond counsel, and disclosure counsel. (David Duran) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider approving by resolution: (a) the issuance, sale and delivery of Texas Water Development Board State Revolving Fund Revenue Bonds, in one or more series; (b) a Preliminary Official Statement; and (c) authorization for the Executive Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, Development Fund Manager, or any other authorized representative to act on behalf of the Texas Water Development Board in the sale and delivery of multiple series of such bonds. (David Duran) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider adopting amendments to 31 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 357 relating to Regional Water Planning and 31 TAC Chapter 358 relating to State Water Planning Guidelines. (Ron Ellis) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider adopting and authorizing publication of additions, amendments, and repeals to 31 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 363, related to the Economically Distressed Areas Program (EDAP), the State Water Implementation Fund for Texas (SWIFT), and the State Water Implementation Revenue Fund for Texas (SWIRFT). (Alyssa Azari) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving the Economically Distressed Areas Program Intended Use Plan. (Alyssa Azari) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider approving the 2022 State Water Implementation Fund for Texas (SWIFT) program prioritization list, amount of funds available by category, and terms of subsidy. (Alyssa Azari) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Amend by resolution, previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 21-124 to modify the Meeker Municipal Water District Drinking Water State Revolving Fund commitment to correct a clerical error. (Annette Mass) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Approve by resolution a request from the Tom Green County Fresh Water Supply District No. 2 (Tom Green County) for $300,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of water system improvements; and a waiver from the requirement to include funds to mitigate water loss as a part of this project. (Jesse Milonovich) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Approve by resolution a request from the Harris County Flood Control District (Harris County) for $2,208,906 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for construction of a flood mitigation project. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Amend by resolution, the previously adopted Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) Resolution Nos. 19-039, 20-043, and 21-057 to combine the two outstanding loan series and extend the expiration for the City of Dripping Springs. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. Amend by resolution, previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 21-028 to modify the City of Pflugerville's (Travis County) Clean Water State Revolving Fund multi-year commitment. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #12 Document
13. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Pflugerville (Travis County) for $24,000,000 in financial assistance from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for construction of water system improvements. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #13 Document
14. Approve by resolution a request from the North Alamo Water Supply Corporation (Hidalgo, Cameron, and Willacy Counties) for $15,340,000 in financial assistance consisting of $11,090,000 in financing and $4,250,000 in principal forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of a first-time sewer project. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #14 Document
15. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Raymondville (Cameron County) for $4,925,486 in financial assistance consisting of $2,491,000 in financing and $2,434,486 in principal forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a wastewater system improvements project. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #15 Document
16. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
17. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board’s funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be May 11, 2022. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) workdays prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.