Board Meeting Agendas
If you are a visitor for this meeting and wish to address the Board, please fill out the online registration form and send it to Cheryl.email@example.com no later than 1:30 p.m. on November 19, 2021.
1. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to: (a) publish requests for qualifications in the Texas Register and Electronic Business Daily for four groundwater availability modeling projects for a total amount not to exceed $1,680,000; (b) negotiate and execute contracts with the top-ranked statement of qualifications for each project; and (c) transfer up to $1,680,000 from the Water Assistance Fund to the Research and Planning Fund. (Cindy Ridgeway) Board Agenda #01 Document
2. The Board to consider: (a) allocating funds for Fiscal Year 2022 Agricultural Water Conservation Grants in an amount not to exceed $1,200,000 from the Agricultural Water Conservation Fund; and (b) authorizing the Executive Administrator to publish a Request for Applications in the Texas Register. (Kyla Peterson) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider approving the Texas Water Development Board's “The Texas Geographic Information Landscape” 2021 Geographic Information Officer Report in substantially the form attached. (Richard Wade) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute multiple contracts in a total amount not to exceed $1,000,000 for lidar data collection and quality control in Texas, using the Strategic Mapping Program and their associated contracts at the Texas Department of Information Resources. (Richard Wade) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Cranfills Gap (Bosque County) for $1,212,698 in financial assistance consisting of $430,000 in financing and $782,698 in principal forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a wastewater system improvements project. (Tom Barnett) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Mart (McLennan County) for $7,305,000 in financial assistance consisting of $3,055,000 in financing and $4,250,000 in principal forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for planning, design, and construction of a wastewater system improvements project. (Tom Barnett) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Approve by resolution a request from the Wellborn Special Utility District (Brazos and Robertson counties) for $43,455,000 in financial assistance from the Texas Water Development Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of a water system improvements project. (Tom Barnett) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Approve by resolution a request from the Greater Texoma Utility Authority on behalf of the City of Princeton (Collin County) for $11,645,000 in financing from the Texas Water Development Fund for planning, design, and construction of a water system improvement project. (Joe Koen) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Authorize the Executive Administrator to execute an agreement with the City of Houston for a $50,000,000 grant pursuant to Senate Bill 1, 87th R.S., Article IX Sec. 17.42. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Amend by resolution the previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 20-096 to modify the Port O'Connor Improvement District's (Calhoun County) Drinking Water State Revolving Fund commitment to extend the expiration period. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Amend by resolution previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolutions No. 21-016 to modify the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority's (Guadalupe, Comal, Hays, Caldwell Counties) Clean Water State Revolving Fund existing commitment to combine the financing into a single bond issuance. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. Water Conditions Report. (Dr. Mark Wentzel)
13. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
14. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board's funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be December 16, 2021. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) workdays prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, “property” means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.