Board Meeting Agendas
- May 20, 2021 at 9:30 AM
- GoTo Webinar
- Printable Board Agenda
If you are a visitor for this meeting and wish to address the Board, please fill out the online registration form and send it to Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8:00 a.m. on May 20, 2021.
1. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel and Development Fund Manager to take all necessary actions for the issuance, sale, and delivery of State of Texas Water Financial Assistance and Refunding Bonds, in one or more series; and approving the selection of financial advisor, bond counsel, disclosure counsel, senior managing underwriter, and co-managing underwriters for the negotiation of the bonds. (Georgia Sanchez) Board Agenda #01 Document
2. Consider approving selected applications and authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute contracts for grant funding from the 2020 Flood Infrastructure Fund cycle in an amount not to exceed $6,167,500 for watershed flood protection planning projects and authorizing the transfer of $6,167,500 from the Flood Infrastructure Fund to the Research and Planning Fund as authorized by Texas Water Code Section 15.534(a)(8). (Reem Zoun) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Palm Valley (Cameron County) for $1,417,922 in financial assistance consisting of $1,347,000 in financing and $70,922 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for planning, design, and construction of a flood management project. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Approve by resolution a request from the City of Weslaco (Hidalgo County) amending TWDB Resolution 20-098 to extend the commitment period, change the financing pledge, and authorize the purchase of bonds in one or more series; and for $3,040,000 in financial assistance consisting of $2,280,000 in financing and $760,000 in grant from the Flood Infrastructure Fund for planning, design, and construction of a detention pond project. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
6. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to consider and discuss financial matters related to the investment or potential investment of the Board's funds, as permitted by Section 6.0601(a) of the Texas Water Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on a financial matter discussed in the closed meeting as required by Section 6.0601(b) of the Texas Water Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be June 3, 2021. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Cheryl Arredondo at (512) 463-7686 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.