Board Meeting Agendas
- August 13, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Stephen F. Austin Building, 1700 Congress Ave., Room 170 Austin, Texas
- Printable Board Agenda
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider Approving Internal Audit's Fiscal Year 2020 Audit Plan. (Michelle Cooper) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider selection of Bond Counsel and authorize the Executive Administrator to negotiate and enter into consultant contracts for outside counsel services from September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2021. (Alexis Lorick) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute a contract with Wells Fargo Brokerage Services, LLC (Wells Fargo) for the purpose of registering and safekeeping political subdivision obligations (PSOs) and to establish a budget for this purpose in an amount not to exceed $300,000. (LeeRoy Lopez) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute a contract in an amount not to exceed $2,106,219 for continuation of the Water Resources Investigations data collection program with the U.S. Geological Survey in fiscal year 2020. (Nelun Fernando) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute the State Fiscal Year 2020 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Set-Aside Contract between the Texas Water Development Board and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. (Mark Wyatt) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider approving the State Fiscal Year 2020 Clean Water State Revolving Fund Intended Use Plan. (Mark Wyatt) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider approving the State Fiscal Year 2020 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Intended Use Plan. (Mark Wyatt) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Willow Park (Parker County) for $13,770,000 in financing from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund for planning, acquisition, design, and construction of water system improvements. (Luis Farias) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute a contract with the Hidalgo County Drainage District No. 1 for a $2,000,000 grant pursuant to Rider No. 25 of the General Appropriation's Act. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Ingleside (San Patricio County) to amend Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 18-091 to convert the existing Clean Water State Revolving Fund commitment to a multi-year commitment and extend the expiration period. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. Considering amending by resolution the previously adopted Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 16-115 to modify the City of Pearland's (Brazoria County) Drinking Water State Revolving Fund annual loan closing schedule. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #12 Document
13. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code Section 2001.061.
14. The Board may adjourn into Executive Session and conduct a closed meeting to consider any item on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for the Board to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be September 5, 2019. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 1:30 P.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 2:00 P.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.