Board Meeting Agendas
- April 20, 2017 at 9:30 AM
- Stephen F. Austin Building 1700 N. Congress, Room 170 Austin, Texas
- Printable Board Agenda
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider approving by resolution a request from Nueces County, on behalf of Cyndie Park 2 Water Supply Corporation, for $900,000 in financial assistance, consisting of $830,000 in principal forgiveness and a $70,000 Promissory Note, from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance planning, design, and construction of water distribution improvements. (Mireya Loewe) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Jarrell (Williamson County) for a $12,000,000 loan from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund to finance design and construction of wastewater system improvements. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Wimberley (Hays County) to amend Texas Water Development Board Resolution No. 16-032 to extend the Clean Water State Revolving Fund commitment for six months. (Dain Larsen) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to negotiate and execute contract amendments to complete the fifth cycle (2017-2021) of regional water planning in an amount not to exceed $14,224,280; and transfer associated funds from the Water Assistance Fund to the Research and Planning Fund. (Sarah Backhouse) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Briefing and discussion on water conditions in the state of Texas. (Mark Wentzel) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. The Board will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the TWDB, with the exception of matters which are subject to the ex parte prohibition found in Texas Government Code §2001.061.
8. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, and/or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be May 4, 2017. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 9:00 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.