Board Meeting Agendas
1. Discussion regarding outreach efforts and activities by the Board.
2. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Commodore Cove Improvement District (Brazoria County) for $200,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance construction of a reverse osmosis system and water system improvements. (Nancy Richards) Board Agenda #02 Document
3. Consider approving by resolution a request from the Loop Water Supply Corporation (Gaines County) for $200,000 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance construction of water treatment plant improvements. (Lee Huntoon) Board Agenda #03 Document
4. Consider approving by resolution a request from the City of Lueders (Jones and Shackelford Counties) for $483,577 in principal forgiveness from the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund to finance planning, design, acquisition and construction of water system improvements. (Caaren Skrobarczyk) Board Agenda #04 Document
5. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) regarding placement of climate data collection stations on TPWD property. (Kaye Schultz) Board Agenda #05 Document
6. Consider approving the 85th Session Legislative Priorities report. (Kathleen Ligon) Board Agenda #06 Document
7. Consider approving the Water Use of Texas Water Utilities report. (Kevin Kluge) Board Agenda #07 Document
8. Consider approving the Evaluation of Best Management Practices in Certain Water Conservation Plans report. (John Sutton) Board Agenda #08 Document
9. Briefing and discussion on the bond sale results for the $600,065,000 Texas Water Development Board State Water Implementation Revenue Fund for Texas Revenue Bonds, Series 2016 (Master Trust). (David Duran) Board Agenda #09 Document
10. Consider authorizing the Executive Administrator to execute a contract amendment to increase the value of an existing contract with First Southwest Company from $600,000 to $1,075,000 and change the contracting party's name. (David Duran) Board Agenda #10 Document
11. Briefing and discussion on the Water for Texas 2017 conference to be held Jan. 23-25, 2017 in Austin, Texas. (Kathleen Ligon) Board Agenda #11 Document
12. Consideration and acknowledgment of gifts and donations of $500 or more in value given to the Texas Water Development Board in accordance with Chapter 575 of the Texas Government Code. (Kendal Kowal) Board Agenda #12 Document
13. Briefing and discussion on water conditions in the state of Texas. (Mark Wentzel)
14. The Board will receive comments from the public.
15. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to receive legal advice and discuss pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers, and/or the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of specific Board employees, including the Executive Administrator and General Counsel, as permitted by Sections 551.071 and 551.074, the Texas Open Meetings Act, codified as Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. The Board may also meet in open meeting to take action on legal or personnel matters considered in the closed meeting as required by Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
The next currently scheduled meeting of the Texas Water Development Board will be January 12, 2017. Other meetings may be scheduled and will be posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact Merry Klonower at (512) 463-8165 two (2) work days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
NOTICE: ENTRY TO THIS MEETING WITH A HANDGUN IS FORBIDDEN
This meeting is a public meeting under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law) may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly. For purposes of this notice, "property" means the room or rooms where the open meeting of the Texas Water Development Board is held.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS BOARD MEETING STARTS AT 8:45 A.M. AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 9:30 A.M. PLEASE REGISTER BETWEEN THESE TIMES. LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR MISSING THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON YOUR ITEM.